7th pay commission Pay Matrix table (Civilian Employees).The Commission has designed the new pay matrix keeping in view the vast opportunities that have opened up outside government over the last three decades, generating greater competition for human resources and the need to attract and retain the best available talent in government services. The nomenclature being used in the new pay matrix assigns levels in place of erstwhile grade pay.
The pay matrix comprises two dimensions. It has a “horizontal range” in which each level corresponds to a ‘functional role in the hierarchy’ and has been assigned the numbers 1, 2, and 3 and so on till 18. The “vertical range” for each level denotes ‘pay progression’ within that level. These indicate the steps of annual financial progression of three percent within each level. The starting point of the matrix is the minimum pay which has been arrived based on 15th ILC norms or the Aykroyd formula
Pay matrix advantage includes the following:
- The Pay matrix helps to merge the grade pay and pay bands into one composite level.
- PB-3 and PB-4 issues has been solved using pay matrix
- Pay matrix reduces the difference between various pay bands.
- Pay matrix simplifies the fixation of revised pay and no need of further calculations.
- Differential entry pay has been resolved by Pay matrix.
- Pay matrix avoids the complication in annual progression, regular promotion, span of service.
- Pay matrix provides greater visibility and transparency when compared to earlier system.
- Administration process became easy with pay matrix.
- Pay matrix provides error free, unconfused and complete view of pay system in the Government of India.
- The difficulties of pay progression is rectified by Pay matrix and acts as powerful tool to bring in financial management reforms.
Download pay matrix pdf here
7th pay commission pay matrix level wise
|LEVEL 1||LEVEL 7||LEVEL 13|
|LEVEL 2||LEVEL 8||LEVEL 13 A|
|LEVEL 3||LEVEL 9||LEVEL 14|
|LEVEL 4||LEVEL 10||LEVEL 15|
|LEVEL 5||LEVEL 11||LEVEL 16|
|LEVEL 6||LEVEL 12||LEVEL 17|