Benefit of Leave Travel Concession.
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
At present the State Government employees may avail themselves of the benefit of Leave Travel Concession once in service career during the period of five years preceding the actual date of retirement on superannuation for the following kinds of journeys, subject to the conditions as in this department’s Memo Nos. 9924-F dt. 07.12.2005 and 607-F dt. 20.01.2006.
1. For journeys to respective home town and back, provided the home town is different from the place of posting; and
2. For journeys to any place of India and back.
The employees who have been duly permitted to retire voluntarily are also allowed to avail of the above benefit before their such retirement.
The present provisions of admissibility of Leave Travel Concession have been under consideration for review for sometime past.
Now, after careful consideration of the matterm the Governor has been pleased to decide in partial modification of this department Memo. No. 9924-F dt. 07.12.2005 read with Memo. No. 607-F dt. 20.01.2006 to allow the following benefits to the State Government employees instead of journeys on LTC as mentioned at (2) above.
(a) One Home Travel Concession once in every five years to visit any place within the State;
(b) One LTC once in ten years to visit any place in the neighbouring countries, namely, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives or within the Country.
Conditions for admissibility of the same in case the spouse of the Government employee is also employed will be as follows:-
(i) If the spouse of the Government employee is also a State Government employee, the benefit can be availed of either by husband or wife as a one family unit and in that case undertaking shall be submitted by the other that no such claim will be preferred from his/her office and this should be recorded in his/her Service Book.
(ii) If the spouse of the State Government employee is employed in Central/Central PSUs/Corporation/Autonomous Body, the benefit can be availed of either by the husband or wife employed under the State Government as one family unit from the State Government provided no benefit of LTC can be availed of by the other from the Central/Central PSUs/Corporation/Autonomous Body and in that case letter from the employer there in this respect that he/she has given such undertaking there shall be produced before availing of the above benefit.
(iii) If the spouse of the State Government employee is employed in the State PSUs/Corporations/Non-Government aided Institutions/Autonomous Body where facility of LTC does not exist, the spouse of the Government employee may avail of this benefit along with the Government employee as a member of the family on the condition that declaration to his/her controlling authority shall be furnished that in future he/she will not enjoy the benefit of LTC, if the same is extended in the organization/institution as above in future.
Other conditions regarding admissibility of the benefit will be as in Finance Department Nos. 9924-F dt. 07.12.2005 and 607-F dt. 20.01.2006. For the pupose of availing of LTC in foreign countries as mentioned at Sl. No. (b) above, the same can be availed of by air in economy class from the nearest international airport of the country on the condition that journeys will have to be performed either by national carrier or private airlines of the country. The part of the journeys to and from the airport will be as per provision in the existing orders.
For journeys in the foreign countries as mentioned above orders issued by the P&AR Department are also to be followed.
This will take effect from 01.11.2015.
Sd/- H.K. Dwivedi
Pricipal Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal
Copy forwarded for information and necessary action to:
1. The Principal Accountant General (A&E) West Bengal, Treasury Buildings, Kolkata – 700 001.
2. The Addl. Chief Secretary/Principal Secretary/ Secretary, ______ Department, Government of West Bengal.
3. The Divisional Commissioner, __________ Division.
4. The District Magistrate/District Judge, ___________
5. The Superintendent of Police, __________
6. The Supdt. Engineer, ___________
7. The Sub-Divisional Officer, ____________
8. The Pay & Accounts Officer, Kolkata Pay & Accounts Office-I, 81/2/2, Phears Lane, Kolkata- 700 012.
9. The Pay & Accounts Officer, Kolkata Pay & Accounts Office-II, P-1, Hyde Lane, Kolkata – 700 073
10. The Pay & Accounts Officer, Kolkata Pay & Accounts Office-III, I.B. Market, 1st Floor, Salt Lake, Sector-III, Kolkata – 700 106.
11. The Deputy Secretary, Finance Department, Accounts Branchm Nabanna, Mandirtala, Howrah- 711 102.
12. The Treasury Officer, ______________
13. Sri Sumit Mitra, Network Administrator, Finance Department, for uploading this Memorandum in the Finance Department Website.
14. All Special Secretary/Joint Secretary/Deputy Secretary/Assistant Secretary/OSD/Registrar of this Department.
OSD & E.O. Joint Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal
Also Read - New 7th Pay Commission Pension Calculator As Per Order Date 12.05.2017
Also Read - 7th pay commission calculator