Circular No. 494 Dated: 19 th March’ 2013
Subject: – Revision of Enhanced Rate of Ordinary Family Pension in respect of Pre- 2006 Armed Forces family pensioners.
Reference: – This office Circular No. 397 dated 18.11.2008.
A copy of Government of India, Ministry of Defence letter No. 2(1)/2012/D (Pen/Policy) dated 16.01.2013 on the above subject is forwarded herewith for information and necessary action which is self explanatory.
2. As per the above GOI, MOD letter Dated 16.01.2013, the provisions of Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pension, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare, New Delhi vide their OM F. No. 1/3/2011-P & PW (E) dated 25th May, 2012 has been applied mutatis mutandis to Armed Forces Personnel also, with effect from 01.01.2006.
3. In terms of the said GOI, MOD letter dated 16.01.2013 the revised consolidated enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension during the applicable period, shall not be less than fifty percent of the Minimum of the pay in the pay band plus the grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised scale from which the pensioner/ deceased Government servant had retired/ died. In cases where full revised pension is otherwise not authorised to a retired employee in terms of 6th CPC order, the revised Enhanced rate of
Ordinary Family Pension shall be restricted to that amount. However, the amount of revised Enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension in no case shall be less than thirty percent of the sum of minimum of the pay in the pay band plus the grade pay or thirty percent of minimum pay scales in case of HAG and above.
4. Table showing Minimum of the pay in the pay band plus the grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised scale, from which the pensioner/ deceased Government servant had retired/ died, is enclosed herewith to facilitate payment of revised Enhanced Family Pension in terms of GOI, MOD letter dated 16.01.2013.
5. In all cases where fixation of enhanced rate of family pension where above GOI, MOD letter is more beneficial the PDAs are hereby advised to pay revised rate of enhanced family pension accordingly to the GOI, MOD letter. However, if the PDAs are in any doubt about the fixation of enhanced rate of family pension, the case may be referred to concerned PSAs with full details.
6. This circular has been uploaded on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in for disseminating across the all concerned.
No. Grants/Tech/0113/LXII (ALOK-PAT111)
Dated: 19th March’ 2013 ACDA (P)
Also Read - Expected DA from January 2017
Also Read:One Day Strike on 16th March, 2017.
Also Read:Observe 6th March 2017 as BLACK DAY