Extension of Time-limit for exercise of Option for fixation of pay on Promotion: PCDA Message No. 14
Message No : 14
Extension of Time- limit for exercise of Option for fixation of pay on Promotion.
Kind attention is drawn to the of MoD, New Delhi OM No. 1(4)/2021/D(Pay/Services) dated 04/06/2021 read with in conjunction to MoF/DoE, New Delhi OM No.4-21/2017IC/E-IIIA dated 15/04/2021, wherein the time limit for exercise/re-exercise of Option on promotion has been further extended, by a period of three (3) months from the date of issue of MoD, New Delhi OM dated 04/06/2021 i.e. upto 03/09/2021.
In this context it is pertinent to mention that As per MoD, New Delhi OM No 1(20)/2017/D(Pay/services)-Part-I dated 02/11/2020 read with MoF OM No. 4-21/2017-IC/E/IIIA dated 28/11/2019, Officers who have been Promoted/Upgraded on or after 01.01.2016 in 7th CPC and Opt for fixation of their pay on promotion from the DNI in lower grade will be allowed increment in promotional grade after completion of six (6) months qualifying service on 1st Jan or 01st Jul, as the case may be.
Accordingly, Officers who have been promoted or granted financial upgradation on or after 01.01.2016 and desire to exercise/re-exercise option for pay fixation from DNI may opt within three months from the date of issue of MoD, New Delhi OM dated 04/06/2021 i.e. by 3rd Sept 2021. Options so exercised may also be sent through an utility provided on the website of PCDA(O), Pune.
The Last date of exercising option shall be 3rd Sept 2021.
Option once exercised through the utility on the website shall be binding & final. No further extension will be granted or entertained after the completion of stipulated Timeline viz. 03.09.2021. (Third September Two Thousand & Twenty One).
Further, the ‘Option Calculator’ provided by office of the PCDA(O), Pune may please be referred to, for further necessary guidance while exercising your Option.
Disclaimer : The result generated by the Option Calculator developed by PCDA(O), Pune is for reference only. Any decisions made by the user concerned based on the results given by the above calculator or the outcomes thereof shall be the responsibility of the User Officer only and PCDA (O), Pune or any employee serving under him shall not be made liable for the same.
Note : The provisions of re-exercising Option under the said OM is only for fixation of pay on promotion from the DNI in the lower grade and should not to be construed for switching over of pay to the revised pay structure in 7th CPC.
STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE FOR EXERCISE OF OPTION
• Login into your account.
• Click on to ‘7th CPC Exercise of Option Utility’.
• Select ‘Rank’ to which Promoted,
• Fill in details of MS Br letter No / SUBPROM Part II Order No. & Date notified for promotion.
• Select the Radio Button to choose your option i.e. either
- from the ‘date of promotion’ or
- from the ‘date of next increment in the lower grade’.
• Click on to Submit button.
• PDF is generated with DAK ID. Take a print.
• Fill the blanks and sign.
• Upload the scanned copy of the same in pdf format only.
• Procedure is completed.
No. 1(4)/2021/ D(Pay/Services)
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Department of Military Affairs
New Delhi, dated the 4th June. 2021
Subject : Date of next increment – Rule 10 of Army Officers and Air Force Officers Pay Rules, 2017; Regulation 10 of Navy Officers Pay Regulations, 2017; Rule 10 of Army, Air Force and Military Nursing Service Pay Rules, 2017; Regulation 10 of Navy Pay Regulations, 2017 and Rule 9 of the Non-Combatants (Enrolled) of air Force Rules, 2017 – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to invite attention to MoD OM No. 1(20)/2017/D(Pay/Services)-Part-1 dated 02.11.2020 on the above subject.
2. Enclosed herewith is the Ministry of Finance, Dept. of Expenditure OM No. 4-21/2017-IC/E.IIIA dated 15.04.2021 and to say that the provisions contained therein, will be applicable mutatis-mutandis to the Defence Services Officers and JCO/OR and equivalent provided all the conditions and stipulations laid down therein are strictly fulfilled.
3. The Employees to exercise/ re exercise option for pay fixation as allowed under MoF OM dated 28.11.2019 within three months from date of issue of this OM.
4. All other conditions of MoD OM No. 1(20)/2017/D(Pay/Services)-Part-1 dated 2.11.2020 remain unchanged.
5. This issues with theapproval of Finance Division of this Ministry vide its ID. No 1(8)/2017-AG/PA/Part 1/83 dated 4.6.2021
No. 04-21/ 2017-IC/E.IIIA
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi-110001 Dated the 15th, 2021
Subject:- Date of next increment under Rule 10 of Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 – Clarifications – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to invite attention to this Department’s D.M. of even No. dated 28th November, 2019 on the subject noted above. In the said O.M. dated 28.11.2019, in para ‘7’, the employees who have been regularly promoted or granted financial up-gradation on or after 01.01.2016 and desire to exercise/re¬exercise option for pay fixation under FR 22(1)(a)(I) were given an opportunity to exercise or re-exercise of their option for pay fixation within one month of the date of issue of the said O.M. dated 28.11.2019. However, a large number of references have been received in this Department seeking condonation of delay and allowing another opportunity to exercise/re-exercise the option for pay fixation as allowed under O.M, dated 28.11.2019 as the employees have faced time constraint, etc. in exercising their option for pay fixation thereunder.
2. The issue has been examined in this Department and the Competent Authority in partial modification of the conditions enumerated in para ‘7’ of the said D.M. has approved for allowing another opportunity to Government employees to exercise/re-exercise option for pay fixation as allowed under D.M. dated 28.11.2019 within three months from the date of issue of this Office Memorandum. No further request for extension of date or relaxation of condition in exercising of option will be entertained under any circumstances.
3. All other conditions of O.M. dated 28.11.2019 remain unchanged.
4. In their application to the persons belonging to Indian Audit and Accounts Department, these orders are issued under Article 148(5) of the Constitution and after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India’ .
5. Hindi Version of these orders is attached.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India