Facility of NPS on-boarding through online Aadhaar e KYC: PFRDA Circular 27-04-2021
PENSION FUND REGULATORY
AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
B-14/A, Chhatrapati Shivaji Bhawan,
Qutub Institutional Area,
Katwaria Sarai. New Delhi-110016
CIR No.: PFRDA/2021/13/SUP-CRA/10
Date: 27 April 2021
All Stake Holders
Subject: Facility of NPS on-boarding through online Aadhaar e KYC
e-NPS is the online NPS on boarding portal hosted by the Central Record Keeping Agencies (CRA) appointed by PFRDA wherein one can register and contribute online into NPS and the existing Subscriber can activate their Tier II account. At present, the registration under e NPS occur either through Aadhaar Offline e-KYC or through PAN & Bank Account.
2. Now, pursuant to the approvals from Dept. of Revenue, Government of India to undertake Online Aadhaar e-authentication services from UIDAI under Section 11A of PMLA 2002 (the copy of the notification dated 22/12/2020 enclosed at Annexure I) and NSDL – CRA has enabled the Aadhaar based online e-KYC authentication functionality for subscriber registration in e NPS platform.
3. The above online _ facility has been’ rolled out under’ the link https://enps.nsdl.com/eNPS/OnlineSubscriberRegistration.html?appType=main. The online Aadhaar e KYC shall further simplify the process of Account opening which offers the Subscribers, a unique digital
experience with instantaneous generation of Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN). The process flow of using online e KYC is given in the Annexure II for the benefit of Subscribers.
4. This Circular is issued under Sec 14 of PFRDA Act 2013, placed in the CRA section of intermediaries and also under the Circular sub section of Regulatory framework section of PFRDA website www.pfrda.org.in.
K Mohan Gandhi
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
New Delhi, the 22nd December, 2020
G.S.R. 784(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 11A of the Prevention of Money-laundering Act, 2002 (15 of 2003), the Central Government on being satisfied that the reporting entities mentioned below comply with standards of privacy and security under the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) and it is necessary and expedient to do so, and after consultation with the Unique Identification Authority of India established under sub-section (1) of section 11 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 and the regulatory authority, namely the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority of India, hereby notifies the reporting entities specified below to undertake Aadhaar authentication service of the Unique Identification Authority of India under section 11A of the Prevention of Money-laundering Act, 2002, namely:—
“M/s NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited.”
[F. No. P-12011/10/2020-ES Cell-DOR]
RITVIK PANDEY, Jt. Secy. (Revenue)
Annexure II – Process for Subscriber registration through Aadhaar based eKYC on eNPS platform
Prerequisites of Registration through Aadhaar are as follows:
1. Aadhaar Number or 16 digit Virtual Identification (VID) Number provided by UIDAI
2. Aadhaar Registered Mobile Number
Process to be followed is as follows:
1. To open NPS account online using Aadhaar, Subscribers need to visit eNPS portal using https://enps.nsdl.com/eNPS/NationalPensionSystem.html
2. Subscribers need to click on “National Pension System” and subsequently click on “Registration” option.
3. Subscribers is now required to select the category of account opening – “Individual Subscriber” or “Corporate Subscriber” category. Further, the applicant status is to be selected from – “Citizen of India” or “Non Resident of India (NRI)” or “Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)”.
4. The Subscribers need to select “Aadhaar Online/ Offline KYC” option during registration and select the “Tier types’ for account opening.
5. To continue with “Aadhaar online” process, Subscribers are required to select and provide “Aadhaar” (12 digit) or “Virtual ID” (16 digit) number provided by UIDAI and click “Generate OTP”. In case, Virtual ID is not available then Subscribers need to click the link https://resident.uidai.gov.in/vid-generation to generate the VID.
6. Generation of OTP – Subscribers are required to click on the “Generate OTP” and submit the OTP received on mobile number registered in Aadhaar.
7. After submission of OTP alongwith consent to use Aadhaar details, the demographic details (Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Address, Photograph etc.) will be fetched from Aadhaar records.
8. Other mandatory details need to be completed by Subscriber in order to complete the NPS registration process.
9. Subscribers are required to make NPS contribution and complete digital registration process through digital authentication (OTP on registered Mobile number and email ID or eSign).