DOPT : Promotion of Private Secretary of CSSS to Principal Private Secretary of CSSS on ad-hoc basis
F. No. 3/6/2020-CS.11(A) Pt.2
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan
Khan Market, New Delhi -110003
Dated: 3rd March, 2021
In continuation of this Department’s OM No. 3/6/2020-CS.I1(A) dated 1st January, 2021 and 12th January, 2021 approval of the competent authority is hereby conveyed for promotion of Ms. Renu Seth, Private Secretary of the Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service (CSSS) to the grade of Principal Private Secretary (PPS) purely on ad-hoc basis with effect from the date of assumption of charge, for a period upto 30.06.2021 or till the post is filled on regular basis, or until further orders, whichever is the earliest.
2. Ms. Renu Seth, on her ad-hoc promotion, will continue to be posted in the same Department, where she is posted at present, until further orders.
3. The ad-hoc promotion of the above officer is subject to the following conditions:
(i) The ad-hoc promotion shall not confer any right on the officer to continue in the grade of Principal Private Secretary indefinitely or for inclusion in the Select List for regular promotion to the grade or to claim seniority in the grade.
(ii) The ad-hoc promotion shall be initially for a period upto 30.06.2021 or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
(iii) The ad-hoc promotion may be terminated at any point of time without giving any reason therefor.
(iv) The ad-hoc promotion will take effect from the date of assumption of charge of the post of Principal Private Secretary.
(v) The ad-hoc promotion is further subject to vigilance clearance in terms of DOP&T O.M. No.22011/4/91-Estt. (A) dated 14.09.1992, O.M.No.22012/1/99-Estt. (D) dated 25.10.2004 and O.M. No.22034/4/2012-Estt. (D) dated 02.11.2012 and also other relevant instructions. The Department where the officer is posted should notify the promotion of the officer only after verifying that no disciplinary proceedings are pending against her. In case of pendency of such proceedings, the matter may be reported to DOP&T (AVD & CS.II Division) immediately before taking any action with regard to promotion of the officer concerned.
(vi) If the officer fails to assume charge of the post of Principal Private Secretary within 10 days of issue of the order by DOP&T without the prior approval of the Cadre Controlling Authority for extension in joining time, her ad-hoc promotion shall be liable to be cancelled.
4. While issuing the promotion order/Notification, the Department shall ensure that it is clearly mentioned in the order that this ad hoc promotion is subject to the condition as mentioned in Para-3(i) to (iv) and (vi) above.
5. A copy of the order issued should be endorsed to this Department by the Ministry/Department on the same day through email at [email protected]
6. Web Based Cadre Management System: Promotion of the officer may be reflected in the Web Based Cadre Management System.
7. This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
Under Secretary to the Government of India