DOPT : Promotion of Personal Assistants (PAs) of CSSS to Private Secretaries (PSs) of CSSS on ad-hoc basis -regarding
No. 4/3/2020-CS.II (A)
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-110003
Subject: Promotion of Personal Assistants (PAs) of CSSS to Private Secretaries (PSs) of CSSS on ad-hoc basis -regarding
The undersigned is directed to say that it has been decided that till regular PSs of CSSS become available through the normal channels of recruitment prescribed under the CSSS Rules, 2010 the vacancies in PS Grade of CSSS in various cadres units be filled up purely on ad-hoc basis by promoting the eligible Personal Assistants of CSSS on the basis of seniority-cum-fitness and subject to Vigilance clearance as prescribed in the relevant instructions.
2. Accordingly, It has been decided to promote 5 Personal Assistants of CSSS, whose names are given in the Annexure to this 0.M., to Private Secretaries of CSSS on ad-hoc basis for the period upto 30/6/2021 or till the post are filled up on regular basis or until further orders, whichever is earlier on ‘as is where is basis’ .
3. The ‘ad-hoc’ promotion is subject to the following conditions:
(i) The ad-hoc promotion shall not confer any right to continue in the grade indefinitely or for inclusion in the Select List for regular appointment or to claim seniority in the Grade of PS of the CSSS;
(ii) Ad-hoc appointments may be terminated at any point of time without giving any reason thereof;
( iii) The services rendered on ad-hoc basis in the Private Secretary grade would not count for the purpose of seniority in that grade or for promotion to the next higher grade;
(iv) The appointment is subject to vigilance clearance in terms of DoPT’s OM No.22034/4/2012-Estt.(D) dated 02.11.2012 and other relevant instructions on the subject. The Ministry/ Department where the officer is working should promote him/her only after verifying that no disciplinary proceedings are pending or being contemplated against the officer;
(v) The officer(s) who fail to avail ad-hoc promotion would not be considered for ad-hoc promotion for a period of one year from the date of issue of this promotion order;
(vi) The SLP (C) No.30621/2011 arising out of the final judgment and order dated 15.07.2011 in CWP No.13218/2009 passed by the Hon’ble High Court of Punjab & Haryana and other connected cases before the Hon’ble Supreme Court;
(vii) The SLP (C) No.31288/2017 arising out of the Hon’ble Delhi High Court judgment dated 23.08.2017 in WP(C) No.3490/2010 filled by the All India Equality Forum & Others vs. UOl & Ors. and other related court cases in any competent court;
(viii) Any other court cases in a connected matter;
4. The officers shown in the list at Annexure may be appointed as Private Secretaries of CSSS purely on ad-hoc basis, initially for the period upto 30/6/2021 after assessing their suitability for ad-hoc promotion by screening the records (APARs) of the officers by the appointing authority and also after ensuring that no vigilance case is either pending or being contemplated against the officer.
5. If any of the officers shown in the list is on deputation, he/she may be given the option to revert within one month with a view to avail the Promotion.
6. It is requested that the exercise of conducting the DPC meeting may be completed within a week.
7. Notification/order for appointing the officers as Private Secretary on ad-hoc basis will be issued by Ministries/ Departments where they are being promoted on as is where is basis. While issuing the promotion order, the Ministries/ Departments shall ensure that it is clearly mentioned in the order that the ad-hoc promotion is subject to outcome of the court cases mentioned herein above and other condition in para 3( vi), (vii) and(viii) above. The Notification/order may be sent through email to [email protected]
8. These Ad-hoc Promotions of officers may be reflected in the Web Based Cadre Management System by the respective cadre units.
Annexure to the OM No.4/3/2020-CS.II(A) dated 01.03.2021
|S.No||Name (Shri/Smt. /Ms.)||Date of Birth||Cadre Unit||SLY|
|2||P.S.Sunil Kumar||14-02-1967||Agriculture & Cooperation||2013|
|3||Kama! Kumar Chakravorty||11-04-1967||Water Resources, RD & GR||2010|
|4||P. Shanthi||04-12-1970||Legal Affairs||2011|
|5||Satish K. Choudhary||01-03-1966||Food & PD||2010|
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Encl: As stated.