Ministry of Finance – Supersession of the Indian Audit and Accounts Department (Divisional Accountant) Recruitment Rules
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Expenditure)
New Delhi, the 17th November, 2020
In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (5) of article 148 of the Constitution and in supersession of the Indian Audit and Accounts Department (Divisional Accountant) Recruitment Rules, 2017, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President, after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India, hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Divisional Accountant in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.—
(1) These rules may be called the Indian Audit and Accounts Department (Divisional Accountant) Recruitment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of posts, classification and level in the pay matrix.— The number of posts, its classification and level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age-limit and qualifications etc.—The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said post shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
4. Disqualifications.— No person,-
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living, or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said posts:
Provided that the Comptroller and Auditor General of India may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax.—
Where the Comptroller and Auditor General of India is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, he may, by order, and for reasons to be recorded in writing and in consultation with the Union Public Service Commission, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
Nothing in these rules shall affect reservations, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Government of India from time to time in this regard.