Lokpal (Staff Car Driver) Recruitment Rules, 2020
G.S.R. 733(E).In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (3) of Section 10 read with section 59 of Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 (1 of 2014), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Staff Car Driver in the Lokpal, namely: –
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) These rules may be called the Lokpal (Staff Car Driver) Recruitment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of post, classification, level in the Pay Matrix.- The number of post, its classification, and the level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age limit, qualifications, etc.- The method of recruitment, age limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said post shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the aforesaid Schedule.
4. Disqualification.- No person, –
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person,
shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax.- Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, and for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Savings.– Nothing in these rules shall affect reservations, relaxation of age limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Schedule Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, ex-Servicemen and other special categories of persons, in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time, in this regard.
|Name of Post.||Number of Posts.||Classification.||Level in pay matrix.||Whether selection post or non-selection post.||Age limit for direct recruits.|
|Staff Car Driver (ordinary
|12* (2020) *subject to
|General Central Service
|Level – 2
in the Pay
|Not Applicable.||Not Applicable.|
| Educational and other
qualifications required for direct recruits.
| Whether age and
prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees.
|Period of probation, if any.||Method of recruitment whether
by direct recruitment or by
promotion or by
deputation/absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods.
|Not Applicable.||Not Applicable.||Not Applicable.||Deputation/Absorption, failing which by re-employment.|
|In case of recruitment/deputation/absorption, grades from which promotion/deputation/ absorption to be made.||If a departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its
|Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment.|
|Deputation/Absorption: From amongst the
regular Dispatch Rider and Group ‘C’
employees in Level-1 (18000-56900/-) in Pay
Matrix, or holding analogous post on regular
basis in the parent cadre, in the Ministries or
Departments of the Central Government and
Judicial and quasi-judicial bodies, with three years regular service, on the basis of a driving test to assess the competence to drive motor cars and possessing the following qualification and experience, namely:-
(i) pass in Matriculation from a
(ii) possession of a valid driving license for motor cars;
(iii) knowledge of motor mechanism (The candidate should be able to remove minor defects in vehicle);
(iv) experience of driving light motor vehicle or heavy motor vehicle for three years; and
Desirable: three years’ service as Home
guard or Civil Volunteers
Note 1: The period of deputation including
the period of deputation in another ex-cadre
post held immediately preceding this
appointment in the same or some other
organisation/Department of the Central
Government shall ordinarily not exceed three years.
Note 2: The maximum age limit for
appointment by deputation/absorption shall be
Not Exceeding 56 years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
Ex-servicemen having fifteen years of service in the armed forces, having passed matriculation from a recognised Board and having a valid driving licence with experience of driving light and heavy motor vehicles, recommended by the Director General of Resettlement, Ministry of Defence.
|Not Applicable.||Not applicable.|
SUJATA CHATURVEDI, Addl. Secy.