Review of Policy on creation of posts – RBE No.48/2020
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways, including Production Units and
Sub: Review of Policy on creation of posts.
Ref: 1.Board’s letter no. E(MPP)2018/1/1 dtd. 04/04/2018 (RBE No. 52/2018)
and E(MPP)2018/1/11 dated 19/12/2018 (RBE No. 198/2018).
2. FC’s D.O. no 2015-B-235 dated 19/06/2020 to GMs Indian Railways.
Board (CRB,FC) has approved following in an Action plan for Economic Measure and Rationalization of Expenditure:
a) Freezing new posts creation except safety, till further orders;
b) Reviewing of posts created in last two years and if, recruitment has not been done against these posts, reviewing the same for surrendering; and
c) Surrendering 50% of existing vacancies, in other than Safety category.
2. The aforesaid decision of Board is hereby communicated for strict compliance.
3. Instructions regarding review of pending indents(non safety) with RRB is being issued separately.
4. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
5. Please acknowledge receipt.
Joint Director (MPP)