Revision of Yardsticks for Accounts department – Railways
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, Dated. 06/05/2020
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways, including Production Units and
Sub: Revision of Yardsticks for Accounts department.
An action plan was formulated by Board for Manpower Management, wherein, it was decided that yardsticks of O&M activities of various departments be revised taking into account technology Upgradation, Outsourcing experience and Benchmarking standards set by different Railways.
2. Accordingly, the yardsticks for Accounts department, for the following activities have been revised:
|Office||Parameters *||Revised Yardsticks|
|Division||Per 10,000 staff of Divisions||62|
|Headquarters||Per 10,000 staff of Zonal Railways||81|
|Traffic Accounts||Per Rs. 1500 Crore Originating
* Yardsticks for units having Sanctioned Strength more or less than 10,000 Manpower should be calculated on pro-rata basis.
3. Henceforth, the requirement of Manpower for the said activities should be calculated based on the revised Yardsticks. The Manpower strength for the existing assets should be reviewed, based on the revised Yardsticks and excess posts be surrendered.
4. All the clarifications/queries/references, if any, regarding revised yardsticks are to be made to Finance Directorate.
5. The yardsticks for all other activities, other than those specified herein, shall hold good as per the existing practice.
6. The above yardsticks will be reviewed after one year, taking into account the extent of computerization.
7. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
8. Please acknowledge receipt.
Joint Director E(MPP)