Details of Tranche 2 by Union Finance & Corporate Affairs Minister Smt. Nirmala under Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Presentation of details of Tranche 2 by Union Finance & Corporate Affairs Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman under Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan to support Indian economy in fight against COVID-19
Direct Support to Farmers & Rural Economy provided post COVID
- 3 crore farmers with agricultural loans of Rs. 4.22 lakhs crore availed the benefit of 3 months loan moratorium.
- Interest Subvention and Prompt Repayment Incentive on crop loans, due from 1st March, extended up to 31st May, 2020
- 25 lakh new Kisan Credit Cards sanctioned with a loan limit of Rs. 25,000 cr.
Liquidity Support to Farmers & Rural Economy provided post COVID
- 63 lakh loans of Rs. 86,600 crore approved in Agriculture between 1.3.2020 to 30.04.2020.
- Refinancing of Rs.29,500 crore provided by NABARD, to Cooperative Banks & Regional Rural Banks in March,2020.
- Support of Rs. 4,200 crore provided under Rural Infrastructure Development Fund to States during March, 2020 for rural infrastructure
- Working capital limit of Rs. 6,700 crore sanctioned for procurement of agriculture produce to State Government entities since March, 2020
Support for Migrants and Urban Poor during last 2 months
- Government of India has permitted State Governments to utilise State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) for setting up shelter for migrants and providing them food and water etc.
- Central Government also released Rs 11002 crore of its contribution in advance to all States on 3rd April, to augment funds in their SDRF.
- Hygienically prepared three meals a day provided for the residents of Shelters for Urban Homeless (SUH) during the lockdown w.e.f March 28, 2020.
- 12,000 SHGs have produced 3 crore masks and 1.20 lakh litres of sanitizers. This gave additional employment opportunity to the urban poor.
- Disbursal of Revolving Fund (RF) to Self Help Groups was on-boarded on PAiSA Portal in April 2020 on a pilot basis in Gujarat and is now being rolled out across all the States in May 2020.
- 7,200 new Self Help Groups of urban poor have been formed during the period starting 15th March, 2020.