EPFO – Change of Date of Birth of EPF/EPS members
Employees’ Provident Fund Organization
All Addl. CPFC (Zones),
RPFC-I/OIC of Regional Offices.
Sub: Change of Date of Birth of EPF/EPS members.
Ref: 1) HO circular No. Pension-3/8/QR/2005/69869 dated 12.12.2006.
2) HO circular No. Pension-I/Instructions/Guidelines/ 2017/20225 dated 12.12.2017.
Please refer to the above said subject.
2. In supersession of circulars cited above, in case of a dispute in the date of birth, any of the following documents may be accepted as valid proof of date of birth:
- Birth Certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths.
- Any school/education related certificate.
- Certificate based on the service records of the Central/State Government Organisations.
- Any other reliable document issued by a government department.
- In the absence of proof of date of birth as above, Medical
- Certificate issued by Civil Surgeon after examining the member medically and supported with an affidavit on oath by the member duly authenticated by a Competent Court.
- Aadhaar/e-Aadhaar: The change in date of birth shall be accepted as per Aadhaar/e-Aadhaar upto a maximum range of plus or minus three years of the date of birth recorded earlier with EPFO.
3. This has approval of Central P.F. Commissioner.