CGDA, Ulan Batar Road, Palam, Delhi Cantt.-110010
(Ph.011-25665714,25665560/Fax-011-25674806/Email: admin [email protected])
No. AN/XIV/19015/Govt. Orders/TA/DA/LTC/Medical
All PCsDA/CsDA/PCA (Fys.) (Through website)
Sub: Reimbursement of medical claims to Pensioners under CS(MA) Rules 1944 – guidelines issued by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare vide its OM No. S.14025 /23/ 2013 MS.EHSS dated 29th September 2016 has clarified that CS (MA) Rules 1944 are not applicable to pensioners till date. The Ministry has issued the following guidelines for medical facilities to Central Government pensioners:
a) Pensioners residing in CGHS covered areas:
1) They can get themselves registered in CGHS dispensary after making requisite contribution and can avail both OPD and IPD facilities.
2) Pensioners residing in CGHS areas cannot opt out of CGHS and avail any other medical facility (i.e. Fixed Medical Allowance). Such pensioners, if they do not choose to avail CGHS facility by depositing the required contributions, cannot be granted Fixed Medical allowance in lieu of CGHS.
b) Pensioners residing in non-CGHS areas:
1) They can avail Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) @ Rs. 500/- per month revised to Rs. 1000/- from 01.07.2017.
2) They can also avail benefits of CGHS (OPD and IPD) by registering themselves in the nearest CGHS city after making the required subscription.
3) They also have the option to avail FMA, for OPD treatment and CGHS for IPD treatments after making the required subscriptions as per CGHS guidelines.
2.All retired/ retiring Officers/ Staff of the Defence Accounts Department may please be advised to adhere to the above provisions and subscribe to CGHS facility by depositing the required contributions for availing medical facilities after retirement.
This issues with the approval of Sr. Jt. CGDA (AN).
(Rajeev Ranjan Kumar)
Dy. CGDA (AN)