Conducting Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE) 19th & 20th October
F. No. A-34012/03/2018-DE
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi — 110 001
Dated: September 09 , 2019
Conducting Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE) for promotion to the cadre of Inspector Posts (66.66%) Departmental quota for the year 2016-17, 2017-18 & 2018 (01.04.2018 to 31.12.18) — scheduled on 19th & 20thOctober, 2019.
Department of Posts has decided to conduct the LDCE (66.66% of vacancies)for promotion to the cadre of Inspector Posts for the vacancies for the period 01.04.2016 to 31.12.2018 as per the following schedule:
|Date of Exam||Paper Nos.||Time|
|19th October, 2019 (Saturday)||Paper-I||10:00 a.m. to 01:00 p.m.|
|19th October, 2019 (Saturday)||Paper-II||02:00 p.m. to 05:00 p.m.|
|20th October, 2019(Sunday)||Paper-III||10:00 a.m. to 01:00 p.m.|
|20th October, 2019 (Sunday)||Paper-IV||02:00 p.m. to 05:00 p.m.|
2. Applications are invited online for which link will be available at http://ccc.cept.gov.in/ipapplicationfrom the willing and eligible applicants. The hard copy of the application duly signed by the applicant is required to be sent to parent office. For APS candidates, hard copy of the application duly verified by the authority is required to be sent to Circle Office. The schedule of activities for the examination is as under:
|S. No.||Activity||Proposed Date (Schedule)|
|1.||Last date to receive online applicationfrom eligible candidates||29.09.2019|
|2.||Correction in application form, ifnecessary, by candidate to be done |
|9.00 AM on 06.10.2019 and |
5.30 PM on 07.10.2019
|Admit cards available for downloading by candidates from||12.10.2019|
|Date of Examination||19.10.2019 & 20.10.2019|
3. Eligibility Criteria:-As per the Recruitment Rules notified in GSR 62(E) dated
01-02-2013, the following categories of officials are eligible to appear for the above Examination.
|Service Offices, Postal/Railway Mail Service Divisional offices, Circle offices, Foreign Post, Returned Letter offices, Postal Stores Depots, Savings Bank Control Organization(SBCO), Internal Check Organization(ICO SB) of the Circle, Office of Director Postal Life Insurance Kolkata(DPLI) and Mail Motor Service.2. Lower Selection Grade officials with a Grade pay of Rs. 2800 as per VI CPC and corresponding Level as per the VII CPC working in Post Offices, Railway Mail Service Offices, Postal /Railway Mail Service Divisional offices, Circle offices, Foreign Post, Returned Letter offices, Postal Stores Depot, Savings Bank Control Organization(SBCO), Internal Check Organization (ICO SB) of the Circle, Office of Director Postal Life Insurance Kolkata (DPLI) and Mail Motor Service.3. Stenographers in Grade II with Grade Pay of Rs. 2400 as per VI CPC andcorresponding Level as per the VII CPC, subject to fulfillment of other conditions like age, service condition, no. of chances etc.|
Note 1: The officials working in the above categories should have put in not less than five years of regular service on the crucial date of eligibility.
Note 2: Regular service for LSG shall be including regular service rendered in Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant cadre.
Note 3: Officials shall be allowed a maximum of four chances, irrespective of grade to appear in LDCE. Officials belonging to SC or ST shall be allowed maximum of six chances. Count the number of chance by considering the scheduled LDCE as one chance because candidates are sitting / appearing physically only one time. This direction will be applicable only for this scheduled LDCE, as a one time measure.
Note 4 : A candidate who is serving in APS for the last two years as on 1stJanuary of the year, to which to which the vacancies pertain to, or had served in APS for minimum period of two years shall be allowed additional two chances to appear in the LDCE. Accordingly an aspirant from APS will get 4+2= 6 chances to appear in the examination.
Note 5: Maximum age for appearing in LDCE shall not be exceeding 40 years as on
crucial date of eligibility. There shall be relaxation of 5 years for SC and ST candidates.
4. Crucial date for calculation of Age and Service eligibility conditions:-
|SI No.||Exam year / period of vacancies||Crucial date of eligibility.|
|2016-17 (01.04.2016 to 31.03.2017)||01.04.2016|
|2017-18 (01.04.2017 to 31.03.2018)||01.04.2017|
|2018 (01.04.2018 to 31.12.2018)||01.04.2018|
5. Age and Service eligibility conditions for APS candidates: –
Age and service conditions mentioned above are also applicable to the candidates on deputation to APS.
Note: Officials on deputation to APS shall be granted grace marks of 1% of marks
obtained for each completed year of deputation in APS, as on the date of examination,
subject to maximum of 10% grace marks. The final merit list shall be drawn after arriving at the total marks including grace marks
- Pattern & Syllabus of Examination:– The pattern and syllabus applicable for the said Inspector Posts LDCE has already been circulated by SPB-II Section vide letter No. 7-14/2011-SPB.II (1) dated 27.03.2019 & 03.09.2019 and is available in the Employee Corner in the Department of Posts’official website i.e. indiapost.gov.inThe pattern of the examination is also at Annexure I.
Note: In all cases circulars, orders and guidelines issued upto 31′ December 2018 will be included in the question paper (s)/syllabus except Annual Report and Book of information for which latest report and information available/published in DoP website will be applicable.
- Venue for conducting the Examination:The Examination will be conducted at all the Circle Headquarters only. The candidates will have to appear from the respective centre of their Circle only and under no circumstances, they may be permitted to appear from other Circle Centres.
Applicants serving on deputation in APS will appear from the examination centre of their parent Civil Circles. The APS authorities will send the Applications of the Applicants working in APS to the concerned Nodal Officer of the Circle by furnishing the eligibility details.
- The tentative vacancies under LDCE IP for all the Circles are 446. Circle wise, year-wise, details are given in Annexure-II. This vacancy position is subject to change.
- The Competent Authority reserves the right to change or modify the edule,
pattern of examination, syllabus etc at any time.
Pattern for Limited Departmental Competitive Examination for promotion to the cadre of Inspector Posts, 2019 to be held on 19th& 20thOctober, 2019
- Examination shall consist of 4 papers viz. Paper I, H, III & IV and each paper shall carry 300 marks.
- No. of questions:
1. 150 questions of MCQ type in Paper I, II & III
ii. 125 questions of MCQ type in Paper IV and Noting & Drafting for 50 marks.
- Duration of Examination shall be 3 hours for each paper.
- Qualifying Marks in each paper shall be 40% subject to an overall average of 45% for General Category and 33% marks in each paper subject to an overall average of 38% for SC/ST.
- In all cases circulars, orders and guidelines issued upto 31stDecember, 2018 will be part of the syllabus except Annual Report and Book of information for which latest report and information for which latest report and information available/published in DoP website will be taken.
- Examination shall be without aid of books.
Annexure-II Tentative number of vacancies for LDCE for promotion to the cadre of Inspector Posts (66.6%) Departmental quota for the period from 01.04.2016 to 31.12.2018:
- Overall Vacancies to the cadre of Inspector Posts (66.6%) Departmental quota for the period from 01.04.2016 to 31.12.2018 for all 23 Circles is: 446.
- The overall number of vacancies is subject to change.