Regarding grant of Dress Allowance – Railways
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
Ministry of Railways
File No. PC-V11/2018/117/5/1
New Delhi, Dated: 20.06.2019
The General Managers/ CAOs(R),
All Indian Railways and Production Units,
(As per mailing list)
Subject: Clarification and recommendations sought regarding admissibility of Dress Allowance to various categories.
Consequent to implementation of 7th CPC vide Board’s Letter bearing RBE No. 141/2017 dt. 03.10.2017 regarding grant of Dress Allowance to the personnel previously being granted Uniforms and certain associated Allowances like Uniform Allowance, Washing Allowance, Shoe Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance etc., several representations and letters seeking clarifications regarding admissibility of Dress Allowance to certain categories in Indian Railways have been received in this office.
2. In this respect, it is clarified that RBE 141/2017 details the rules and modalities governing the grant of Dress Allowance as well as the categories eligible for it and the corresponding rates. The categories recommended for the grant of Dress Allowance are as follows:
|S.No.||Category of employee||Rate (in Z)|
|1.||Officers of RPF/RPSF||20,000/- per annum|
|2.||Personnel Below Officer Rank of RPF, Station masters of Indian Railways||10,000/- per annum|
|3.||Other categories of staff who were supplied Uniforms and are required to wear them regularly like trackmen, Running Staff of Indian Railways, Staff Car Drivers, MTS, Canteen staff of Non-Statutory departmental Canteens, etc.||5,000/- per annum|
|4.||Nurses||1800/- per month|
3. Further, it is clarified that the following conditions are necessary for any category to receive the Dress Allowance as recommended by 7th CPC:
(a) The personnel of the said category should be required to wear a specific uniform daily (excluding any special clothing) as a part of their duty as specified by the Dress Regulations of Ministry of Railways.
(b) The personnel of the said category should have had been receiving uniform material and associated Allowances like Uniform Allowance, Washing Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance, Shoe Allowance etc. prior to 1st July, 2017 i.e. date of admissibility of Dress Allowance.
(c) The personnel of the said category should have ceased to be granted the uniform materials and associated allowances w.e.f. the date of issue of RBE 141/2017.
4. It is clarified that only the categories fulfilling all the above criteria are eligible for Dress Allowance. No new category not fulfilling all the above criteria has been included within the ambit of Dress Allowance and are hence NOT ELIGIBLE for the grant of the same. Further, no proposal to review the eligibility criteria or the categories eligible for the Dress Allowance is underway in Board’s Office.
5. Any decision regarding deciding the admissibility of any category for the grant of Dress Allowance may be taken in view of the clarifications provided above under intimation to Board’s Office.
6. This issues with the approval of competent authority.
(Jaya Kumar G)
Deputy Director(Pay Commission) VII