DOP : Amendment in Recruitment Rules for the post of Postal Service Group ‘B’
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
1. All Head of Circles
2. Director, RAKNPA, Ghaziabad.
3. Addl. DG, APS.
4. CGM PLI, PLI Directorate, Chanakyapuri.
5. CGM, BD&M Directorate, Dak Bhawan, New Delhi 110001.
6. Director PTCs.
Sub : Revision/ Amendment in Recruitment Rules for the post of Postal Service Group ‘B’ – Draft notification – Reg.,
I am directed to convey that the Recruitment Rules for Postal Service Group B’ posts are proposed to be amended.
2. Accordingly, the proposed draft RRs notification along with Schedule is enclosed for inviting comments from the stakeholders. Comments, if any, may please be sent by post to Directorate within 30 days of the issue of this communication.
End : As above
[TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA, EXTRAORDINARY,
PART II, SECTION 3 SUB -SECTION (i)]
Ministry of Communications
(Department of Posts)
New Delhi March. 2019
G S R (E). In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 31)9 of
the Constitution and in supersession of the Department of Posts. Postal Superintendent/Postmaste• Group 13′ Recruitment Rules, 1.988 (cadre re-designated as Postal Service Group ’13’ in 1993) and subsequent amendments thereto, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession. the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post. of Postal Service Group ’13’ in the Depart ment of Posts. Ministry of Communications namely:
1. Short title and commencement. (1) These rules may be called the Department of Posts (Postal Service Group -13′) Recruitment Rules. 2019.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the official
2. Number of post, classification, level in the pay matrix– The number of said post, its classification and the level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications etc. – The method of recruitment, age-limit. qualifications and other matters relating to the said post shall be as specified in columns WO to (13) of the said Schedule.
4. Disqualifications. – No person.
(a) who has entered into or cont ratted a marriage with a person having a
spouse living: or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage
with any person,
shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other, grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of. this rule.
5. Power to Relax.- Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may. by order. for reasons to be recorded in writing and in consultation with Union Public Service Commission. relax any of the provision of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Saving.- Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, ex-servicemen and other categories of persons, in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government, from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post.||Name of post.||Classification||Level in the pay matrix.||Whether selection
|Age limit for direct
|Educational and other
|Whether age and education
will apply in the
|Period of probation,
|Method of recruitment, whether by direct
recruitment or by promotion
or by deputation/ absorption
and percentage of the
vacancies to be filled by
|Postal Service Group ‘B’||866*
“(2019) * Subject to variation dependent on workload
|General Central Service, Group ‘B’,
|Level-9 (Rs. 53,100-
|Non-Selection||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable||(I)75% by promotion through seniority-cum-
fitness (II) 25% by promotion through Limited Departmental Competitive Examination.
|In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation/absorption grades from which promotion or deputation or absorption to be made.||If a Departmental Committee exists,
what is its
|Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission
is to be consulted in
|75% by promotion through seniority-cum- fitness: – Officials of various grades, as specified below, with three years of regular qualifying service as on the crucial date for determining the eligibility service as specified by Central Government and have successfully completed Departmental Training of not less than two weeks
duration relating to the duties and responsibilities of posts of Postal Service Group ‘B’:-
(a) Assistant Superintendent of Posts (Level-8) including regular service put in as Inspector Posts (Level-7); considering
|Group ‘B’ Gazetted Departmental Promotion Committee (for considering promotion||Consultation with Union Public Service Commission not necessary.|
|(b) Inspector Posts (Level -7) who have successfully completely probation period.
(II) 25% by promotion through Limited Departmental Competitive Examination:
(A) Officials of various grades, as specified below, with two years of regular qualifying services as on the crucial date for determining the eligibility service as specified by central governments:
a) Assistant Superintendent of Posts(Level-8) including regular service put in as Inspector Posts(Level – 7);
b) Inspector Posts(Level -7).
(B) Officials of various grades, as specified below, with four years of regular qualifying service as on the crucial
date for determining the eligibility service as specified by Central Government are eligible for appearing in
Limited Departmental Competitive Examination:
(a)Higher Selection Grade-I (Level-7) in all offices including regular service put in as Higher Selection Grade-II(Level-(6);
(b)Higher Selection Grade-II (Level-6) in all offices;
(c)Postmaster Grade-III (Level-7) in all offices including regular service put in as Higher Selection Grade-I
(Level- 7) Postmaster Grade-II (Level-6) and Higher Selection Grade-II (Level-6);
(d)Postmaster Grade-II (Level-6) in all offices including regular service put in as Higher Selection Grade-II
|(1) Member (Personnel), Postal Services Board – Chairperson
(2)Deputy Director General
(3)Director (Staff) – Member
|(e)Senior Private Secretary (Level-8) in all offices including regular service put in as Private Secretary (Level-7) and Stenographer Grade-I (Level-6);
(f)Private Secretary (Level-7) in all offices including regular service put in as Stenographer Grade-I (Level-6);
(g)Stenographer Grade-I (Level-6) in all offices.
Note-1:-All India Combined Seniority List in the grade of Inspector Posts shall be taken into consideration for promotion through seniority-cum-fitness.
Note-2:- Where juniors who have completed their qualifying/eligibility service are being considered for promotion, their seniors would also be considered provided they are not: short of the requisite qualifying/ eligibility service by more than half of such qualifying/ eligibility service or two years, whichever is less, and have successfully completed probation period for promotion to the next higher grade along with their juniors who have already completed such qualifying/ eligibility service.