Grant of special Increment in the form of personal pay for participating in Sports events tournaments – DOP
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi -110001.
Dated: 07th February, 2019.
1. All Chief Postmasters General/ Postmasters General
2. Chief General Manager, BD Directorate/Parcel Directorate/ PLI Directorate
3. Director RAKNPA/ GM CEPT/ Directors of All PTCs,
4. Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, R.K. Puram, New Delhi
5. All General Managers (Finance)/ DAP/ DDAP
Sub: Grant of special Increment in the form of personal pay to Central Government Employee for participating in Sports events and tournaments of National/International importance in the 7th CPC Scenario- case of Shri Avinash Srivastava- Umpire.
This Directorate had received a communication from General Manager (Finance), Postal Accounts Office, Lucknow in respect of grant of Special increment in the form of Personal pay to the Government Employees for participation in Sports events and tournaments of National/International importance in the 7th CPC Scenario.
2. In this regard, the advice of the Nodal Ministry was sought for on the
i) Whether any official is entitled for any enhancement of the increments in the light of Para No. 110)(i) ‘e’ to ‘g’ of DoP&T OM no. 14034/01/2013-Estt.(D) dated 03.10.2013.
ii) Also whether the DoP&T OM No. 6/1/2017-Esti (Pay) dated 11th June 2018 will be made applicable in the case of Shri Avinash Srivastava- Umpire.
3. The Nodal Ministry has advised that:
a) Para 2 of DoP&T’s OM No. 6/1/2013-Estt(Pay-I) dated 19.09.2013 inter-alia states that the personal pay will be related to the Grade Pay corresponding to the post against which the employee concerned had initially earned or will earn the personal pay. From the words “had initially earned or will earn” it may be understood that the intention of the OM dated 19.09.2013 was not only to revise the rates of the then existing rate of personal pay for those who will earn it after 01.09.2013, but also for the employee concerned who had already earned it prior to 01.09.2013.
(b) Further, it is stated that the subject of DoP&T’s OM 6/1/2011-Estt. (Pay-I) dated 11.06.2018 states as under “Grant of special increment in the form of personal pay to Central Government Servants for participation in sporting events and tournaments of National or International importance, in the 7k” CPC Scenerio”. From the subject itself it may be inferred that it is for Central Government Servants and it does not distinguish between players, umpires, referees, coaches etc.
c) In view of the position at 3(a) and 3 (b), it is clarified that DoP&T’s OMs dated 19.09.2013 and 11.06.2018 are applicable in the instant case and they may examine the instant case accordingly.
4. Taking into account the advice of the Nodal Ministry in this regard, action may kindly be taken in similar cases only on the basis of the above advice and in any case of deviation from the above, the advice of the Directorate may be sought for.
5. This issues with the approval of competent authority.
(D. K. Tripathi)
Assistant Director General (Estt.)