Grant of Special Pension under Regulation 95 of Navy (Pension) Regulations, 1964 – Implementing Supreme Court Order dated 27.09.2018
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
Sena Bhawan, New Delhi
The Chief of the Naval Staff
Subject: Implementation of Hon’ble Supreme Court Order dated 27.09.2018 in Contempt Petition (C) No. 1860/2017 and 924/2018 and MA No. 1067/2018 in Civil Appeal No. 2147/2011 with Contempt Petition (C) No. 04/2018 in SLP(C) No. 19790/2010 for grant of Special Pension under Regulation 95 of Navy (Pension) Regulations, 1964
I am directed to refer to the above cited Hon’ble Supreme Court Order dated 27.09.2018 and convey sanction of the Competent Authority for grant of Special Pension under Regulation 95 of Navy (Pension) Regulations , 1964 to the ex-sailors appointed prior to 03.07.1976 and discharged on or after 03.07.1976 on expiry of 10 years of service.
2. The amount of pension payable is Rs. 9000/- (Rupees Nine thousand) per month to each of the ex-sailors under Regulation 95 of Navy (Pension) Regulations , 1964, payable from 01st September 2018 as per the Court Order under reference.
3. The amount of gratuity and DCRG paid, be adjusted against the amount payable. Necessary PPO may be issued immediately.
4. The expenditure incurred on this account will be paid under Charged Expenditure and be debited to the relevant Head of Account.
5. This issues with concurrence of Ministry of Defence (Fin/Pen) vide their U.O. No. 1023/Fin/Pen dated 17.10.2018.
6. Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence letter No. 4(10)/2017-D(Pen/Legal) dated 26th September, 2017 may be treated as cancelled.
(Ajay Kumar Agrawal)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India