Regarding roll out of DARPAN PLI Client application
DIRECTORATE OF POSTAL LIFE INSURANCE
Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications &
Information Technology, Government of India
Chanakyapuri Post Office Complex, New Delhi -110021
No. 29-26/2014-LI (Pt-5) (Vol-I)
All Chief Postmasters General,
Sub: DARPAN PLI Client application roll out– reg.
This is regarding roll out of DARPAN PLI Client application. As you are aware DARPAN PLI client application has been rolled out in Udaipur Division under Rajasthan Circle.
2. Further, it is informed that DARPAN PLI Client application has now been implemented in the offices of the Division as per the consolidated list enclosed at ‘Annexure-1’. Accordingly, these branch offices can start using the rolled out functionalities of the DARPAN Client application for PLI/RPLI (i.e. maturity indexing, collection of renewal premium) through the DARPAN device. In addition, it is to mention that DARPAN PLI client application have been rolled out/ implemented in these branch offices with CSI Employee ID.
3. All Head of the Circles are requested to issue suitable instruction to the concerned branch offices in the respective Circles for using the rolled out functionalities of DARPAN client application for PLI/RPLI through the device. However, detailed list of branch offices where data has been uploaded in the McCamish for performing transactions for PLI/RPLI through handheld device by branch offices will be shared through email separately. Moreover, the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for DARPAN Client application for PLI/RPLI will also be shared with the Circles in due course.
4. Furthermore, below are certain points which needs to be taken care of while using the said client application for PLI/RPLI.
- BPM need to be trained by the User champions who have already undergone the training for PLI DARPAN application in the Circles.
- In case of any functional/ technical issue is noticed, job aids provided at the time of training imparted to the user champion by the vendor, may please first be referred to by the trainee before further escalation thereof to PLI CEPT Team for DARPAN
- Sub Offices and Head offices of the respective Branch offices will have to verify the day end collection report received from the BO with day end collection report of McCamish.
- The data for the substitutes working in the branch offices is yet to be rolled out, hence, the application will not work for substitutes for the time being.
- In case of addition/ deletion of any Branch office, the data for the same needs to be shared with PLI CEPT team for DARPAN in the stipulated format available with the Circles.
General Manager (Operations)