Granting Payment of DA/DR to the State Government employees/ pensioners/family pensioners
GOVERNMENT OF MANIPUR
SECRETARIAT FINANCE DEPARTMENT
(PAY IMPLEMENTATION CELL)
Imphal, the 3rd August, 2018.
Subject:- Payment of Dearness Allowance/Dearness Relief to the State Government employees/ pensioners/family pensioners.
No.2/6/2010-FD(PIC)(Pt): The undersigned is directed to refer to this Government Office Memorandum No.2/6/2010-FD(PIC) dated 08/10/2015 on the above subject and to state that the Governor of Manipur is pleased to decide that the Dearness Allowance/Dearness Relief payable to the State Government employees/pensioners/family pensioners shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 125% to 131% with effect from 01/07/2018.
2. The term ‘basic pay’ in the revised pay structure means the pay drawn in the prescribed Pay Band plus the applicable Grade Pay but does not include any other type of pay like special pay, etc.
3. The Dearness Allowance will continue to be a distinct element of remuneration and will not be treated as pay within the ambit of FR 9(21).
4. The payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fractions of 50 paise and above may be rounded off to the next higher rupee and the fractions of less than 50 paise may be ignored.
5. The Dearness Relief at the rate indicated above will also be admissible on the additional basic pension/additional family pension available to older pensioners/family pensioners based on their age.
6. The payment of Dearness Relief involving a fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
7. Other provisions governing grant of Dearness Relief in respect of employed family pensioners and re-employed State Government pensioners and those relating to regulation of Dearness Relief where pensioners is in receipt of more than one pension will remain unchanged.
8. These orders relating to grant of Dearness Relief shall not be applicable to the Old Age Pension, Political Pension or any other kinds of similar pensions which are not related to the service rendered under the Government of Manipur.
9. It will be the responsibility of the Pension Disbursing Authority, including the Nationalized Banks, etc. to calculate the quantum of Dearness Relief payable in each individual case.
10. The Accountant General (A&E), Manipur and the Authorized Public Sector Banks shall arrange payment of relief to pensioners etc. on the basis of the above instructions.
( V. Vumlunmang )
Government of Manipur