GPF Interest Rate From October 2016 In Tamilnadu
GOVERNMENT OF TAMIL NADU
FINANCE (ALLOWANCES) DEPARTMENT
(Dhunmugi, Ipasi 08, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2047)
PROVIDENT FUND- General Provident Fund (Tamilnadu) – Rate of interest for the period 01.10.2016 to 31.12.2016 – Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
- O.Ms.No.231, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 09.08.2016.
- From the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs, (Budget Division) New Delhi, Resolution No.5(1)-B(PD)/2016, dated 03.10.2016.
In the Government Order read above, orders were issued fixing interest for the accumulation at the credit of the subscribers to the General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) at 8.1% for the period from 1st July, 2016 to 30th September, 2016.
- In its order second read above, the Government of India has revised the rate of interest for the General Provident Fund and other similar funds to 8.0% with effect from 1st October 2016 to 31st December 2016.
- The Government now direct that the rate of interest on the accumulation at the credit of the subscribers to the General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) shall carry interest at the rate of 8.0% (Eight point zero per cent) during the period from 1st October, 2016 to 31st December, 2016.
- The rate of interest on belated final payment of General Provident Fund accumulations remaining unpaid for more than three months of its becoming payable shall be at the same rate as ordered in para 3 above.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT