GPF Interest Rate from July 2017 in Tamilnadu
GOVERNMENT OF TAMIL NADU
FINANCE (ALLOWANCES) DEPARTMENT
(Hevilambi, Aadi 12 , Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2048)
PROVIDENT FUND— General Provident Fund (Tamilnadu) – Rate of interest for the period 01.07.2017 to 30.09.2017 – Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
- O.Ms.No.102, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 25.04.2017.
- From the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs, (Budget Division) New Delhi, Resolution 5(1)-B(PD)/2017, dated 17.07.2017.
In the Government Order read above, orders were issued fixing interest for the accumulation at the credit of the subscribers to the General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) at 7.9% for the period from 1st April 2017 to 30th June, 2017.
- The Government of India, in its resolution second read above, announced that during the year 2017-2018 accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 7.8% with effect from Pt July 2017 to 30th September 2017.
- The Government now direct that the rate of interest on the accumulation at the credit of the subscribers to the General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) shall carry interest at the rate of 7.8% (Seven point eight per cent) during the period from 1st July 2017 to 30th September 2017.
- The rate of interest on belated final payment of General Provident Fund accumulations remaining unpaid for more than three months of its becoming payable shall be at the same rate as ordered in para 3 above.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT