GPF Interest Rate From January 2018 in Tamilnadu
Government of Tamil Nadu
FINANCE [Allowances] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.11, Dated 10th January 2018
(Heyvilambi, Margazhi-26, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2048)
Provident Fund – General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) – Rate of interest for the financial year 2017-2018 – Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
- G.O.Ms.No.320, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 27-10-2017.
- From the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs (Budget Division), New Delhi Resolution F.No.5(1)-B(PD)/2017, dated 1-1-2018.
In the Government Order read above, orders were issued fixing interest for the accumulation at the credit of the subscribers to the General Provident Fund [Tamil Nadu] at 7.8% for the period from 1st October, 2017 to 31st December, 2017.
- The Government of India, in its resolution second read above, announced that during the year 2017-2018, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 7.6% (Seven point six per cent) with effect from 1st January, 2018 to 31st March, 2018.
- The Government now direct that the rate of interest on the accumulation at the credit of the subscribers to General Provident Fund [Tamil Nadu] shall carry interest at the rate of 7.6% (Seven point six per cent) with effect from 1st January, 2018 to 31st March, 2018.
- The rate of interest on belated final payment of Provident Fund accumulations remaining unpaid for more than three months of its becoming payable shall be at the same rate as ordered in para 3 above.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT