GPF Conditions subscriptions Rule 7
The General Provident Fund (Central Services) Rules, 1960
RULE 7: CONDITIONS OF SUBSCRIPTION
7. Conditions of subscriptions
(1) A subscriber shall subscribe monthly to the Fund except during the period when he is under suspension:
Provided that a subscriber may, at his option, not subscribe during leave which either does not carry any leave salary or carries leave salary equal to or less than half pay or half average pay:
Provided further that a subscriber on reinstatement after a period passed under suspension shall be allowed the option of paying in one lump sum, or in installments, any sum not exceeding the maximum amount of arrear subscriptions payable for that period.
NOTE 1.- Group ‘C’ and Group ‘D’ employees of the Survey of India who are sent on departmental leave need not subscribe to the Fund, during the period of such leave.
NOTE 2.- The holder of a seasonal post in an establishment need not subscribe to the Fund, during the period of his unemployment.
NOTE 3. – A subscriber need not subscribe during a period treated as dies non.
(2) The subscriber shall intimate his election not to subscribe during the leave referred to in the first proviso to sub-rule (1) in the following manner:-
(a) if he is an officer who draws his own bills, by making no deduction on account of subscription in his first pay bill drawn after proceeding on leave;
(b) if he is not an officer who draws his own pay bills, by written communication to the Head of his Office before he proceeds on leave.
Failure to make due and timely intimation shall be deemed to constitute an election to subscribe.
The option of a subscriber intimated under this sub-rule shall be final.
(3) A subscriber who has under Rule 32 withdrawn the amount standing to his credit in the Fund shall not subscribe to the Fund after such withdrawal unless he returns to duty.
(4) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-rule (1) a subscriber shall not subscribe to the Fund for the month in which he quits service unless, before the commencement of the said month, he communicates to the Head of Office in writing his option to subscribe for the said month.