GDS Unions – Minutes of the meeting held with representatives on 31st July 2018 at Dak Bhawan
Government Of India
Ministry Of communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi – 110 001
Dated the 2nd August,2018
The General Secretaries
All India Gramin Dak Sevaks Union (AIGDSU)
All India Postal Employees Union-GDS (AIPEU-GDS)
National Union of Gramin Dak Sevaks (NUGDS)
Subject: Minutes of the meeting held on 31-07-2018 at 11.00 AM at Dak Bhawan.
I am directed to enclose a copy of minutes of the meeting held on 31-07-2018 at 11.00 AM with the representatives of GDS Unions under the chairmanship of director General (Posts) at Dak Bhawan, New Delhi
ADG (SR & Legal)
Minutes of the meeting held with representatives of GDS Unions on 31st July 2018 at Dak Bhawan to discuss the issues submitted in their memorandum dated 12 July 2018
A meeting was held with the following representatives of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) to discuss the issues brought in their memorandum dated 12.7.2018 Smt Meera Handa, DG postal Services Chaired the meeting. The following officers also attended the meeting from the Department side.
Representative of GDS Unions
|Shri Tilak De, Addl DG Coordination||Shri. Pandurangarao, GS, AIPEU-GDS|
|Shri Shailendra Dashora, DDG SR||Shri P U Muraleedharan, GS, NUGDS|
|Smt Smriti sharan, DDG (Establishment)||Shri SS Mahadevaiah, GS, AIGDSU|
|Smt Daisy Barla, Director SR||Shri Sivaji Vasireddy, GS, NAPE C|
|Shri K V Vijayakumar, ADG (Est)||Shri Lakhwinderpal Singh, AIGDSU|
|Shri R L Patel, ADG (GDS)||Shri CB Tiwari, AIGDSU|
|Shri P K Batla, Ad (GDS)|
2. DG postal services welcomed the representatives of GDS Unions to the meeting. She informed that the GDS committee recommendations implemented vide OM dated 25 June 2018is a milestone in the history of the Department. Initiative taken by this Department to effect most of the recommendations of the Committee needs to be appreciated, instead, the unions have submitted their memorandum, which is in nature of a notice for non cooperation and as matter of indefinite strike. The recommendations of the One man committee have been examined by this Department, discussed with the functional ministries/departments of the Government and thereafter, only with the approval of the Government the recommendations have been implemented. The recommendations are quite generous and a lot of efforts have been put by this department to implement the decisions in consultation with the stakeholder departments. She also informed that the issued of TRCA Allowances and date of implementation cannot be discussed as these have been implemented after due consultations and with approval of the cabinet. DG stated that an outright threat of a strike is not in the right spirit and does not facilitate conversations in a conducive environment. she advised the union representatives to not resort to going on strike, but rather first understand the issues involved and then disseminate the factual information to their cadres.
3. Shri Mahadevaiah, GS, AIGDSU thanked the DG for holding the meeting and for facilitating a platform to discuss the issues raised by them. He informed that date of implementation of the new TRCA needs to be from 1.1.2016 instead of 1.7.2018. The GDS are also being denied the Dearness Allowance for the difference of payment for the period 1.1.2016 to 30.6.2018. DG postal services requested the GDS representatives to discuss these specific issues once the presentation by DDG (Establishment) has been made and factual position has been appraised to them.
4. DDG (Establishment) presented the issues flagged by the Unions. she informed that there were no delay from the departmental side in implementaion of the approved recommendations. In fact, the interregnum period between receipt of report and implementation was stretched due to enforcement of the Model Code of conduct on account of general elections for some of the assembly seats and also due to Inter ministerial consultations. Inter ministerial consultations were mandatory and such consultations indeed take a lot of time secondly, the recommendations on the allowances of Central government employees were ordered in July 2017, consequently the recommendations regarding the allowances proposed by the one man committee were also got examined by a committee constituted by this department. Thus all the recommendations concerning the wages, allowances and welfare benefits were processed, and orders issued after consultation with functional ministries/departments of Govt. The issues flagged by the Unions and the facts of the issues were discussed in detail.
5. DDG (Est.) informed that there was no manipulation in TRCA matrix or on date of implementation as stated by the Unions, but the statement of the Unions were more of hypothetical nature and also unsubstantiated. It was made clear that the new TRCA could be made effective from a prospective date only, i.e 1.7.2018. Also any increase in the working hours could take prospective effect only. payment for the period from 1.1.2016 to 30.6.2018 is of ex gratia nature and the formula applied was difference of the TRCA drawn during that period raised by a factor of 2.57 and the actual TRCA drawn including DA during the period.
6.Recommendations on children Education Facilitation allowance and emergency leave are being examined by the functional departments and this department is pursuing the cases. The following recommendations are being examined in detail by different sections of directorate.
A. Accumulation of paid leave to maximum of 180 days
B. Insurance scheme
C. Limited transfer facility
D. voluntary discharge scheme
E. Qualifying service for LDCEs
7. The following recommendations have not been agreed to by the Department:
(a) Enhancement of paid leave from 20 to 30
(b) Time bound promotion
(c) Enhancement of monthly subscription and insurance cover of EDGIS
(d) composite allowance to ABPMs in X, Y and Z class cities
(e) Enhancement of working hours to 8 hours
(f) Discharge on last day of the month on which GDS attains the age of 65
(g) All single handed BOs to be double handed
8.Regarding the issues on civil Service status and grant of pension to GDS, DDG (Estt) informed that these are all settled cases and also under judicial scrutiny.
9. Instead of agitating the issues outright, the GDS representatives were requested to flag the anomalies, if any, and other issues which need further attention of this department, so that the issues could be examined in detail and also if needed, in consultation with them. The Unions have agreed for the same and the issues to be discussed will be submitted separately.
10. DDG (SR&Legal) thanked representatives of the Unions and requested co-operation of staff side for smooth functioning of the functioning of operations of the department