Karnataka – Sanction of Dearness Allowance
PROCEEDINGS OF THE GOVERNMENT OF KARNATAKA
Sub:- Sanction of Dearness Allowance – reg.
1. Notification No. FD 6 SRP 2018 dated: 19-04-2018.
2. G.O. No. FD 6 SRP 2018 dated: 19-04-2018.
3. GOI O.M. No.1/1/2018-E-II(B) dated: 15-03-2018.
4. Representation dated: 16-03-2018 of the President,Karnataka State Government Employees Association.
As per the recommendations of the 6th State Pay Commission, in G.O.dated:19-04-2018 read at (2) above orders were issued revising the pay and allowances of State Government Employees w.e.f. 01-07-2017 and consequential monetary benefits w.e.f 01-04-2018
As the Dearness Allowance up to the Index Level of 276.9 of the All India Consumer Price Index admissible as on 01.07-2017 is included in the revised pay scales, the Dearness Allowance to be sanctioned after 01-07-2017 as recommended by the Pay Commission is to be calculated with a multiplication factor of 0.944 for every 1% of Dearness Allowance to be sanctioned by the Government of India.
Presently, in O.M.dated: 15-03-2018 read at (3) above, the Government of India has sanctioned 2% of DA to its employees w.e.f 01-01-2018.
The formula (multiplication factor of 0.944) recommended by the 6th State Pay Commission is examined. Accordingly, the Government have decided to adopt the multiplication factor of 0.944 to calculate the future instalments of Dearness Allowance to be sanctioned to State Government Employees in the 2018 Revised Pay Scales for every 1% of DA sanctioned by the Central Government to its employees.
Accordingly, the following order is issued.
GOVERNMENT ORDER NO.FD 12 SRP 2018.
BANGALORE, DATED 18TH JUNE 2018.
Government are pleased to sanction Dearness Allowance to state Government Employees at the rate of 1.75% of Basic Pay in the 2018 Revised Pay Scales w.e.f. 01-01-2018.
2.These orders will apply to the full time Government Employees, Employees of Zilla Panchayats, work charged employees on regular time scales of pay, full time employees of aided educational Institutions and Universities who are on regular time scales of pay.
3. For the purpose of this order, the term ‘Basic Pay’ means, pay drawn by a Government Employee in the scale of pay applicable to the post held by him and includes:
a. Stagnation increment, if any, granted to him above the maximum of the scale of pay.
b. Personal Pay, if any, granted to him under sub-rule (3) of Rule 7 read with Rule 3(c) of the Karnataka Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2018.
c. Additional increment, if any, granted to him above the maximum of the scale of pay.
4. Basic Pay shall not include any emoluments other than those specified above.
5. Government are also pleased to sanction Dearness Allowance at the rate of 1.75% of Revised Basic Pension/Family Pension w.e.f 01-01-2018 to State Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners as well as to pensioners/Family Pensioners of Aided Educational Institutions whose Pension/Family Pension is paid out of the consolidate fund of the state.
6. The payment of Dearness Allowance admissible under this order is payable in cash until further orders.
7. Separate orders will be issued in respect of employees on UGC/AICTE/ICAR/NJPC Scales of pay and also in respect of Pensioners in the said pay scales.
8. The payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fractions of 50 paise and above shall be rounded off to the next rupee and fractions less than 50 paise shall be ignored.
9. The Dearness Allowance will be shown as a distinct element of remuneration and will not be treated as pay for any purpose.
BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE
GOVERNOR OF KARNATAKA
Deputy Secretary to Government.
Finance Department (services-2)