DA @ 5% with effect from 01.10.2017 and @ 2% enhancing the rate from 5% to 7% with effect from 01.01.2018 – GO of Odisha
GOVERNMENT OF ODISHA
Sub: Sanction of Dearness Allowance @ 5% with effect from 01.10.2017 and @ 2% enhancing the rate from 5% to 7% with effect from 01.01.2018 in favour of employees of fully Aided Educational Institutions of the State Drawing pay in Revised Scales of Pay Rules, 2017.
The State Government have released two doses of Dearness Allowance @1% enhancing the rate from 4% to 5% with effect from 01.07.2017 and @2% enhancing the rate from 5% to 7% with effect from 01.01.2018 in favour of Government employees vide this Department O.M.No.34556/F, dt. 24.11.2017 and O.M.No.14109/F, dt. 24.04.2018 respectively.
2. Now, the Government after careful consideration of the representations of different service organisations/Associations, have been pleased to decide that the employees of fully Aided Educational Institutions covered under ORSP Rules, 2017 are entitled for getting two doses of Dearness Allowance @1% enhancing the rate from 4% to 5% with effect from 01.10.2017 and @ 2% enhancing the rate from 5% to 7% with effect from 01.01.2018.
3. Dearness Allowance in accordance with this Memorandum will also be admissible to the employees of fully Aided Educational Institutions who were in service on 01.10.2017, but have ceased to be in service at the time of sanction of DA as per the revised scale of pay.
4. The additional dose of DA will be paid in cash and can be drawn in the Pay Bill of June,2018 payable in the month of July,2018 and onwards. The arrear from the month of October, 2017 to May, 2018 on account of the enhanced DA doses shall not be drawn before the date of disbursement of salary of June,2018.
5. The bill for drawal of DA as per revised scale of pay will be submitted to all Treasuries/Special Treasuries/Sub-Treasuries along with the pay bill for the month of June, 2018 and onwards.
6. The term “Basic Pay” in the revised pay structure means the pay drawn in the prescribed level in the Pay Matrix but does not include any other type of pay like special pay.
7. The payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fractions of 50 paise and above may be rounded to the next higher rupee and the fractions of less than 50 paise may be ignored.
8.The payment of arrears of Dearness Allowance from October,2017 to May,2018 on account of enhanced DA doses will be drawn and disbursed latest by 31.03.2019.
By orders of the Governor.
(Tuhin Kanta Pandey)
Principal Secretary to Government