Promotional Avenue of ESMs in S&T Department
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No.E(NG)I/2015/PM 8/ 1
The General Manager (P)
All Zonal Railways & PUs
dated 26th March, 2018
Sub: Promotional Avenue of ESMs in S&T Department.
The issue regarding promotional avenue of ESMs in the S&T Department has been under consideration of the Railway Board. The matter has been examined in detail in consultation with the concerned technical directorate and both the Federations, and it has been decided as under: –
i) Direct Recruitment to the extent of 33-1 / 3% in Signal Maintainer Grade-II to be discontinued subject to 15% Direct Recruitment quota to be introduced in Signal Maintainer Grade-I. The remaining 85% vacancies in Signal Maintainer Grade I is to be filled by promotion·
ii) The revised qualification for ESM Grade-III should be either (a) Matriculation (i.e. 10th Class) and ITI Certificate in Electronic/ Electrical Fitter/ Wire man Trade or (b) Pass in Plus Two stage with Physics and Maths in Higher Secondary or equivalent.
iii) The educational qualification of direct recruiters at Signal maintainer Grade I level should be pass in B.Sc.
iv) On one time basis to fill up vacancies of Signal Maintainer Grade-III, the residency period for LDCE should be reduced from 3 years to 2 years.
v) The vacancies in Signal Maintainer Grade-Til may be calculated by taking resultant vacancies of higher grade posts of Signal Maintainer.
Please acknowledge receipt.
Joint Director Estt (N)