EXTEND FULL SUPPORT AND SOLIDARITY TO FIGHTING DEFENCE EMPLOYEES – CONFEDERATION
ALL INDIA DEFENCE EMPLOYEES FEDERATION
DEFENCE CIVILIAN EMPLOYEES
OF 5 OEF GROUP OF FACTORIES, 8 ARMY BASE WORKSHOPS, 14 STATION WORKSHOPS, 4 DEPOTS, MES AND 39 MILITARY FARMS TO OBSERVE
“CALL ATTENTION STRIKE” ON 15.03.2018
Defence Civillian Employees of other Defence Units to observe
ONE HOUR “WORK BOYCOTT”
by holding demonstration and reporting duty one hour late on 15.03.2018
1) To withdraw the decision taken by the Government to declare almost 250 items being manufactured by Ordnance Factories as “Non-Core” and to outsource the same to private sector in violation of the commitments given by Ministry of Defence in the past.
2) To fulfill the commitment given by DDP that the 39 items of OEF Group of Factories would not be declared as “Non-Core” items.
3) To withdraw the Government Order to grant Uniform Allowance to the Soldiers in place of stitched Uniforms since this will affect the future and existence of 5 OEF Group of Factories and its almost 10000 Employees including 2000 Women Employees.
4) To withdraw the decision taken to close down Station Workshops and to convert Army Base Workshops under DG(EME) into GOCO Model by handing over the national assets to private corporates.
5) Scrap recommendations of Shekatkar Committee Report for deployment of Civilians in basic and Industrial Staff in the proportion of 40% Departmental and 60% outsourced in the regular Establishment of MES.
6) To withdraw the decision of closure of 4 Depots under DGOS.
7) To withdraw the decision of closing down 39 Military Farms.
8) To withdraw the decision to declare 31012 Employees of Army Units as surplus including 9300 Employees of MES.
9) To stop all types of outsourcing especially in permanent and perennial jobs in Defence Establishments including MES.
10) To fillup all the posts lying vacant in all the Defence Establishments.
11) Filling up of 17,000 posts, including that of Meter Reader in MES already released for DR without further delay and in a time frame.
12) Withdrawal of Letter dated 10′ May, 2016 of E-in-C’s Branch and issue of clarification that MES is an Industry.
13) To strengthen DRDO and DRDO may be instructed to handover Technology of various products to OFB for mass manufacturing.
14) Stop outsourcing of major projects in Navy and qualified manpower may be recruited to meet the requirements.
15) To strengthen DGQA and DGAQA Establishments in the interest of supplying quality equipments to the Armed Forces.
16) To settle all the outstanding demands of the Defence Civilian Employees raised by the Federations in various Forums which are pending for years together.
17) To ensure effective functioning of JCM and Alternative Mechanism constituted for periodical discussion with the Federations.
Source : Confederationhq