CGHS – Payment of Conveyance Allowance to Medical Officers under CGHS for Domiciliary visits
Government of India
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Directorate General of CGHS
Office of the Director,CGHS
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi 110 011
Dated, the 2nd February, 2018
Subject:- Payment of Conveyance Allowance to Medical Officers under CGHS for Domiciliary visits- regarding.
With reference to the above subject the undersigned is to state that the payment of Conveyance to CHS doctors (GDMOs and Specialists) working in CGHS Wellness Centres for domiciliary visits and performing other official duties is governed by this Ministry’s OM No. A-45012/03/2008 —CHS-V dated 28th April, 2009.
2. In this regard attention is drawn to the Circular No C.14019/03/2013/CGHS-III dated the 12th April, 2013 and 23rd October 2015 vide which certain instructions have been issued for claiming conveyance allowance for domiciliary visits to see patients by CGHS doctors. In this regard the undersigned is directed to state that the matter has been reviewed by this Ministry, in response to the representations received from CGHS doctors and to state that it has now been decided, in supersession of the earlier directives that for claiming the conveyance allowance by CGHS doctors that the instructions as contained in the OM No. A-45012/03/2008 —CHS-V dated 28th April, 2009 shall be applicable and CGHS doctors shall submit a certificate as per Annexure ‘A’ (copy enclosed) for claiming the conveyance allowance.
The instructions shall be applicable uniformly for CGHS Medical Officers regardless of their posting in a Wellness Centre or a Central Government Hospital or a medical college.
This issues with the approval of AS&DG,CGHS
1. The All Additional Directors, CGHS of Cities / Zones with a request to circulate the order to all Medical Officers through CMOs i/c.
2. Addl. DDDG(HQ), CGHS, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
3. Addl. Director, CGHS(HQ), RK Puram-12 , New Delhi
4. Under Secretary, CGHS(P), Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Source : CGHS