7th CPC – Revision of Pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners etc- Procedural actions for revision
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances & Pension
Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi
Dated 25th July, 2017
Subject: Implementation of Government’s decisions on the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission-Revision of Pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners etc- Procedural actions for revision.
The undersigned is directed to say that orders for revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners by notional pay fixation in the 7th Central Pay Commission Matrix have been issued vide this Department’s O.M. No.38/37/2016-P&PW(A) dated 12.05.2017. Subsequently, concordance tables for fixation of revised pay and pension/ family pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners have also been circulated vide this Department’s O.M. No. 38/37/2016-P&PW(A) dated 06.07.2017.
2. Attention of Ministries/Departments is invited to Para-18 of this Department’s O.M. 38/37/2016-P&PW(A) dated 12/05/2017 whereby responsibility has been cast on Head of Department and Pay and Accounts Office attached to the office from which the Government servant had retired or was working last before his death to revise the pension/family pension of pre-2016 pensioners/ family pensioners with effect from 01.01.2016.
3. It has, however, come to the notice of this Department that the process of revision of pension/family pension of pre-2016 pensionerS/family pensioners has not Vet been started by a large number of Ministries/Departments/Organizations/Ofilces. It has also been brought to the notice of this Department that pensioners/family pensioners are being asked to make a formal application for revision of their pension/family pension. The instructions issued by this Department do not provide for submission of application by individual pensioners/family pensioners for revision of pension/family pension. Ministries/Departments etc. are, therefore, once again requested to suo moto proceed to process the revision cases immediately to avoid delays in issuance ofrevised PPOs of pre-2016 retirees.
4. All the Ministries/Departments are also requested to furnish the status of revised. All the Ministries/Departments are also requested to furnish the status of revisedcases as on 16-08-2017 in the enclosed proforma so as to reach this Departmentlatest by 31-08-2017.
End.: As above.
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
Tel. No. 24655523
1. All Secretaries to the Ministries/Departments of Government of India.
2. Financial Commissioners (Railways); Railway Board, Ministry of Railways. fra ; Bhavan, Raisina Road, New Delhi-1 10 001
3. Member (Finance), Department of Posts, Dak Bhawan, New Delhi.
4. Member (Finance), Department of Telecom, Sanchar Bhawan, Ashoka Road, New Delhi.
5. All Financial Advisers of Miriistries/Departments of Government of India.
6. Controller General of Defence Accounts, Ulan Batar Mar& Paiarn, Delhi Cann. 110 010
7. Controller General of Accounts; GPO Complex, INA Colony, New Delhi.
8, Chief Controller (Pension), Central Pension Accounting Office, Trikoot- IL BhikajiCarna Place, New Delhi with a request to provide updated status in respect ofissuance of revised PPOs Ministry/Department-wise .