Constitute a Committee to -review the norms for provision of Passenger Amenities at Railway Stations.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
(MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS)
New Delhi, dated 22.03.2017
Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) have decided to constitute a Committee to -review the norms for provision of Passenger Amenities at Railway Stations. The Committee will’consist of the following:-
1) Eecutive Director(PM), RailWay_Board ….Convenor
2) Executive Director(Station Development), Railway Board ….Member
3) Executive Director/EEM, Railway Board ….Member
4) Executive Director/F(X)-II, Railway Board ….Member
2. The Terms of reference of the Committee will be as under:-
(i) To review existing policy guidelines for MEA,desirable amenities and recommended amenities and scale thereof;
(ii) To review. amenities recommended for Adarsh station;
(iii) To develop a Criteria for categorization of stations for provision of passenger amenities — earning based, passenger .traffic based or a combination of two or any other suitable criteria; and
(iv) To undertake study of best practices, policy guidelines for provision of passenger amenities at -airports, bus. stations, metro stations, international stations, any other transport hub and recommended amenities that can be adopted for Indian Ran Stations.
3. The -Committee should submit its report within a period of three months from the date of constitution of the Committee.
4.The Headquarters of the Committee will be at New Delhi.
5.TG-IV Branch of Railway Board will be the Nodal Branch for functioning of the Committee. Therefore, all related works/issues including Parl. Questions, RTI cases, their execution and other formalities. with regard to the Committee, should be dealt with by TG-IV Branch.
6.The Convenor and Members of the Committee will draw TA/DA as per extant Rules.