Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, the 17th July, 1967
Subject:- Fixation of pay of Government servants under F.R. 22-C..
The undersigned is directed to enclose an advance copy of a Notification amending FR 22-C.
2. The initial pay of all Government servants promoted on or after 1.4.1961 up to the level of Class I to Class II is fixed under FR 22-C. The pay drawn by a Government servant on an earlier occasion in a particular post is protected when he is re-appointed to the same post or to a post carrying an identical scale of pay, etc. under the provision to FR 22 in the case of promotion/appointment from one Class I post to another Class I post subject to the fulfillment of the conditions laid down therein. There is, however, no provision similar that contained in the provision to FR 22 for protection of the pay drawn on an earlier occasion when the initial pay is fixed under FR 22-C.
3. A reference in this connection is invited to this Ministry’s O.M.No.F1(3)-E.III(A)/64 dated the 5th November 1964, according to which individual cases may be considered for protection of pay drawn on a previous occasion in the same post, on the analogy provision of F.R. 22, and pay fixed under F.R.27.
4. On a re-examination of the whole question, the President is pleased to decide that, in view of the large number of cases in which the pay drawn on an earlier occasion in a post identical scale of pay happened to be more and it had to be protected by resorting to F.R. 27, the existing F.R. 22-C should be amended by incorporating in it a suitable provision for a purpose.
5. Consequent on the amendment of F.R. 22-C as stated above, the provisions contained in this Ministry’s Office Memorandum of 5th November 1964, referred to above read with the Office Memorandum of 11th May, 1966 will cease to be effective, from the date of issue of the enclosed amendment.
6. In so far as previous serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these order are being issued after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India.