Submission of Boarding Pass alongwith TA bills-finmin order-8th October, 2014
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 8th October, 2014
Subject: Travelling Allowance(TA) Rules- submission of Boarding Pass alongwith TA bills- reg.
References have been received in this Department, seeking review of the existing guidelines relating to submission of Boarding Passes alongwith TA bills for air journeys performed on Government account.
2. 0/o Controller General of Accounts have clarified that as per provisions of Civil Accounts Manual, Pay and Account Offices are mandated to ask the DDOs to produce records to ensure that the journey for which TA is being claimed, was actually performed and DDOs may accordingly be asked to enclose the Boarding Passes with the TA bills.
3. Since submission of Boarding Passes as proof of having undertaken the journey is a requirement under the rules and procedures for passing TA claims, all concerned are required to follow these instructions. Ministries/Departments etc. are accordingly advised that these instructions may be brought to the notice of all concerned for strict compliance.
(Subhash Chant )
Non submission of Boarding Pass for settlement of T.A. Claims -Dopt order
North Block, New Delhi
Dated : 7th october, 2014
Subject : Non submission of Boarding Pass for settlement of T.A. Claims
Difficulties have been expressed by various quarters in production of original boarding passes along with T.A. Claims from time to time. The matter has been considered and it has been decided with the approval of the competent authority that in order to simplify the procedure of settlement of T.A. Claims, the condition of submission of Boarding Pass alongwith settlement of T.A. claim is dispensed with.
2. However, the officer concerned, preferring Travelling Allowance, will have to attach an undertaking along with T.A. claims that the journey, as mentioned therein, has actually been performed by him/her. Other requirements, as per the established procedures will continue to be followed.
3. Notwithstanding above, in case of extreme doubt, the controlling officer may be asked to verify the genuineness of the claim.
4. Air tickets should be purchased only from the authorized travel agent of this Deptt. i.e. M/s Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd and at the cheapest rates after comparing the available fare from the websites of travel agents of repute. If cheaper rates are available directly from Air India, the same can also be bought.
5. The frequent flyer reward points from Air India may only be redeemed for the official tours of the Deptt.
6. This issues with the approval of Secretary (P).