Electronic Indian Postal Order-extension of service to Indian Citizens residing in India
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 13th February, 2014
Subject: Electronic Indian Postal Order-extension of service to Indian Citizens residing in India.
In continuation to this Department’s O.M. of even number dated 22/03/2013, it is intimated that Department of Posts has extended the “e1P0” (electronic Indian Postal Order) service to Indian citizens residing in India also w.e.f. 13.02.2014, for purchasing Indian Postal Order electronically by paying a fee online through e-Post Office Portal i.e. http://www.epostoffice.gov.in. It can also be accessed through India Post website www.indiapost.qov.in
2. It is reiterated that:
i) This facility has been provided for Indian citizens to facilitate them to seek information from the Central Public Information Officers (CP10s) under the RTI Act, 2005. Debit or Credit Cards of any Bank powered by Visa / Master can be used to purchase e-IPO
ii) The user needs to get registered at the website. He has to select the Ministry / Department from whom he desires to seek the information under the RTI Act and the elP0 so generated can be used to seek information from that Ministry / Department only. A printout of the elP0 is required to be attached with the RTI application. If the RTI application is being filed electronically, elP0 is required to be attached as an attachment
iii) This facility is only for purchasing an Indian Postal Order electronically. All the requirements for filing an RTI application as well as other provisions regarding eligibility, time limit, exemptions etc. will continue to apply.
3. An eIP0 so generated must be used only once with an RTI application. To check any multiple use of the same elP0, the Public Authority shall maintain a record of the eIPOs so received. In case of any doubt, the details of elP0 can be verified from the above mentioned site / portal of India Post.
1. All Ministries / /Departments of the Government of India
2. Union Public Service Commission, Lok Sabha Secretariat, Rajya Sabha Secretariat, Cabinet Secretariat, Central Vigilance Commission, President’s Secretariat, Vice-President’s Secretariat, Prime Minister’s Office, Planning Commission, Election Commission.
3. Central Information Commission
4. Staff Selection Commission
5. 0/o Comptroller & Auditor General of India, 10, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi.