Carrying Prescribed Photo Identity Card in Original is Now Compulsory During Journey in Trains in Any Reserved Classes
One of the passengers booked on a non-tatkal ticket needs to produce one of the prescribed proofs of identity in original during the journey
the passengers undertaking journey on tatkal ticket have to produce the same original prescribed proof of identity as indicated on the ticket
Passengers travelling without an original identify proof would be treated as without ticket and charged accordingly.
While purchasing reserved tickets through prs counters, showing original or attaching photocopy of the identity card is not required except while purchasing tatkal tickets where photocopy needs to be attached at the time of purchase
The move aims to facilitate the travel of bonafide and legitimate passengers and to reduce the scope for misuse of reserved ticketing system by unscrupulous elements/middleman
The list of prescribed proofs of identity has been expanded to cover more variety of photo identity cards for the convenience of the passengers
The complete expanded list of the prescribed proofs of identity for undertaking journeys on Tatkal ticket and other reserved classes will now be as follows:
1. Voter Photo identity card issued by Election Commission of India.
3. PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department.
4. Driving Licence issued by RTO.
5. Photo identity card having serial number issued by Central/State Government which include the following:
(i) Pension Pay Order s(PPO)
(ii) Ration Card with photographs
(iii) Senior Citizen cards
(iv) Below Poverty Line (BPL) cards
(v) ESI cards (with photograph) issued for taking treatment in ESI dispensaries.
(vi) CGHS Cards (with photograph) issued to individual family members of Central Govt. employees.
6. Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School/College for their students.
7. Nationalized Bank Passbook with photographs.
8. Credit Cards issued by Banks with laminated photograph.
9. Unique Identification Card “Aadhaar”.
10. Photo identity cards having serial number issued by Public Sector Undertakings of State/Central Government, District Administrations, Municipal bodies and Panchayat Administrations.