The following list of General Holidays sanctioned by the Government for the year 2013 is published for general information.
All second Saturdays, Sundays and the following days.
|1.||14-01-2013||Monday||Uttarayana punys kala Sankranti Festival|
|2.||25-01-2013||Friday||Id – Milad|
|9.||09-08-2013||Friday||Kutub –E- Ramzan|
|11.||09-09-2013||Monday||Varasiddhi Vinayaka Vrata|
|12.||02-10-2013||Wednesday||Mahathma Gandhi Jayanthi|
|16.||18-10-2013||Friday||Maharshi Valmiki Jayanthi|
|20.||14-11-2013||Thursday`||Last Day of Moharam|
1. This list does not include Maha Shivaratri(10-03-2013), Dr. B.R.Ambedkar Jayanthi (14-04-2013), Maha Navami Ayudapooja (13-10-2013), which fall on Sundays.
2. Government offices will be closed through out the State on General Holidays. However Heads of Department should make necessary arrangements for the discharge of urgent work.
3. If any of the Muslim Holidays notified above does not fall on the date notified, Muslims in Government service may be granted Holiday on the date of observance in lieu of the holidays already notified.
4.Local holiday is declared for Kodagu District only on account of Tulasankramana on 17-10-2013 (Thursday) and Huthri Festival on 16-12-2013.
5. Separate list of Holidays will be published by the Commissioner of Public Instructions, Bangalore for the Education Department.
6. In addition to the General holidays the State Government employees may utilize any of the Restricted Holidays not exceeding two days during the year 2013 with previous permission from the authority who is authorised to sanction casual leave.
More details visit original pdf-