MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
(Office of the JS(Trg) & CAO)
Sub: First/Second/Third Financial upgradation under Modified Assured Career Progression (MACP) Scheme to Multi Tasking Staff MTS of AFHQ/ISOs on completion of 10/20/30 years’ regular service in the grade.
In terms of instructions issued by DOP&T vide O.M. No.35034/3/2008-Estt.(D) dated 19 May 2009 and further clarifications dated 16 Nov, 2009 & 09 Sep, 2010 on the subject mentioned above, the Competent Authority has approved the grant of First, Second & Third Financial Upgradation(s) under MACPS, as the case may be, to Multi Tasking Stall of AFHQ/ISOs with effect from the date mentioned against the officials mentioned at Annexure ‘A’.
2. The above financial upgradation shall be purely personal to the official and shall have no relevance to his seniority position. As such, there shall be no additional financial upgradation for the senior official on the ground that the junior official in the grade has got higher pay/grade pay under the MACP Scheme.
3. The pay of the officials concerned shall be fixed under the provision of FR22(I)a(1). They can exercise their option for pay fixation either from date of financial upgradation or from next annual increment viz. 1st July of the year. The pay and the date of increment would be fixed in accordance with clarification No.2 of the Department of Expenditure O.M. 1/1/2008-IC, dated 13/09/08. Further, the benefit of pay fixation available at the time of regular promotion shall also be allowed at the time of financial upgradation under the Scheme. Therefore, the pay shall be raised by 3% of the total pay in the pay band and grade pay drawn before such upgradation. There shall, however, be no further fixation of pay at the time of regular promotion if it is in the same grade pay as granted under MACPS. However, at the time of actual promotion if it happens to be in a post carrying higher grade pay than that is available under MACPS, no pay fixation would be available and only difference of grade pay would be made available.
4. If a regular promotion has been offered but was refused by the employee before becoming entitled to a financial upgradation, no financial upgradation shall be allowed, since an employee is not deemed to have stagnated due to lack of opportunities. if, however, financial upgradation has been allowed due to stagnation and the employees subsequently refuse the promotion, it shall not be aground to disallow the financial upgradation. He will, however, not be eligible to be considered for further financial upgradation till he agrees to be considered for promotion again and the next financial upgradation shall also be deferred to the extent of period of debarment due to refusal for promotion.
5. The concerned Admin. Sections may ensure that the officials are clear from vigilance angle, before granting financial up-gradations in respect of officials, whose financial up-gradations are due from prospective dates.
6. The above up-gradations will be further subject to the terms and conditions issued by DOP&T OM from time to time on the subject of Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme.
29 Oct, 2012
Source : www.caomod.nic.in