|Welfare Schemes for Ex-Servicemen|
|The details of welfare schemes for Ex-Servicemen are as below:
Financial Assistance from Armed Forces Flag Day Fund (AFFDF):
(I) 1. Financial assistance to institutions:
(a) Paraplegic Rehabilitation Centres (PRC) at Kirkee and Mohali.
(b) St Dunstan’s After Care Organisation.
(c) Cheshire Homes at Delhi, Dehradun, Lucknow.
2. Financial assistance for serious ailments: to the non-pensioners only.
3. Supply of Honda Activa (Self Starter) Scooter to ESM.
4. Tool Kit for Ex-Servicemen Technicians.
5. Re-imbursement of interest by way of subsidy on loan taken from banks for construction of house to War bereaved, war disabled and attributable peace time casualties and their dependents.
6. Grant to Training-cum-Productions Centres in Military Hospitals and other places.
7. War Memorial Hostels: The War Memorial Hostels were constructed with a view to provide shelter to the children of War widows, war- disabled, attributable cases.
8. Sharing cost of construction of Sainik Rest Houses.
9. Financial Assistance from RakshaMantri’s Discretionary Fund (RMDF). The financial assistance is provided to needy Ex- servicemen, widows and wards from RMDF for various purposes.
10. Prime Minister’s Merit Scholarship Scheme.
11. Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS).
(II) Resettlement and Rehabilitation Schemes:
(A) TRAINING PROGRAMME: for Officers, JCO/OR and Ex-Servicemen (ESM) Training.
(B) RE-EMPLOYMENT: in Central and State Government; Re-employment through DGR; DGR sponsored Security Services Scheme.
(C) LOAN RELATED WELFARE SCHEMES:Enterpreneur Schemes; Herbal and Medicinal Plants; Horticulture; Floriculture; Franchising; Other Business Activities.
(i) SELF EMPLOYMENT SCHEMES:Ex-Servicemen Coal Loading and Transportation Scheme; Coal Tipper Attachment Scheme; Management of CNG Station by ESM (Officers) in NCR; Mother Dairy Milk Booths and Fruit & Vegetable (Safal) shops; Allotment of Oil Product Agencies under 8% Defence quota; Allotment of LPG Agency under Rajiv Gandhi Gramin LPG VitrakYojana; Allotment of Regular LPG, Distributor under 18% quota; Sponsorship of ESM(O) of COCO Operatorship; Allotment of Army Surplus Vehicles.
Widows, dependents and children of martyred and disabled war soldiers get liberalized/special/normal family pension as per their entitlement.
Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare in the Ministry of Defence is the Nodal Department for welfare of ex-serviccmen, widows or dependents and children of martyred and disabled soldiers. Its attached offices namely Directorate General of Resettlement andKendriyaSainik Board are working in this direction. Rajya and ZilaSainik Boards at the State & district level look into the condition of families of martyrs and disabled soldiers.
Besides this, each Service Headquarter has dedicated cell to look into welfare issues of widows, dependents and children of martyred and disabled war soldiers. Record offices, local formations/units have system in place to periodically interact formally & informally with families of martyred & disabled soldiers.
Category-wise details of welfare schemes for ESM are as follows:
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Dr MM PallamRajuin a written reply to ShriIshwarlalShankarlal Jain in Rajya Sabha today.
|Expected DA from January 2021 Calculator|
|Life Certificate by Banks from the door step of the pensioners|
|7th Pay Commission Calculator 2021 – June vs July|
|AICPIN for the month of July 2020|