Controller General of Defence Accounts,
Ulan ßatar Road, Palam,
Sub: Instructions on booking of tickets from an agency other than the authorized travel agents.
Attention is invited to Ministry of Finance, Deptt of Expenditure, 0M No. 19024/1/2009-EIV dated 16.9.2010 reiterating guidelines on Air Travel on Tours)LTC, circulated vide this HQrs office circular bearing No.AN/XIV/VIth CPC/Circular/Vol-IV dated 16/09/2010.
2. Recently, several cases have been received in this HQrs office seeking clarification on admissibility of TA/DA/LTC claims, on journeys performed by Air India/Private airlines by officers, on Tour/LTC by purchasing air tickets through a private travel agent other than Balmer Lawrie & Company and M/s Ashok Travels & Tours in violations of the guidelines laid down in Ministry of Finance, Deptt of Expenditure, 0M dated 16/09/2010.
2. In this connection it is once again reiterated that in terms of the provisions contained in MoF, Deptt. of Expenditure 0M dated 16/09/2010, air tickets may be purchased directly from Airlines (at Booking counters/Website of Airlines) or by utilizing the services of Authorized Travel Agents viz M/S Balmer Lawrie & Company. MIs Ashok Travels & Tours. In the event of air journey being performed by private airlines on Tour/LTC, by seeking deviations from Ministry of Civil Aviation, the bookings of tickets is also required to be done invariably through the authorized travel agents only.
3. Ministry of Finance, Deptt of Expenditure, to whom the matter was referred for clarification on the matter have reiterated that the guidelines as laid down in MoF, Deptt of Exp 0M dated 16/09/2010 have to strictly complied with.
4. In view of what has been brought out in preceding paras, it is once again reiterated and enjoined upon all concerned that the guidelines laid down in Ministry of Finance, Deptt of Expenditure, 0M dated 16/09/2010, regarding air travel and booking of air tickets through the authorized travel agents only, on tour/LTC, have to be strictly complied with. Further in the event of travel by private airlines, where the necessary deviation has or is being sought from Ministry of Civil Aviation, due to non-availability of Air India flights, it may also please be ensured that the bookings for travel on tour/lTC is also done through the authorized travel agents only.
5. The contents of this important circular may please be given wide publicity and brought to the notice of all concerned serving under your office/organization. It may also be brought to the notice of all concerned that no requests for deviations from the above provisions will be entertained by this HQrs office.
6. Please acknowledge receipt.