Government of lndia/Bharat Sarkar
Ministry of Labour & Employment/Shram Aur Rozgar Mantralaya
Shram Shakti Bhavan, Rafi Marg,
New Delhi, dated the 10-06-2011
(As per list)
Subject: Revision of Pension and family pension of pre-2006 cases
As you are aware, the Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare vide its O.M. dated 1.9.2008 had issued instructions authorizing all pension disbursing authority, including Public Sector Banks handling disbursement of pension, to pay pension /family pensioner at the consolidated rates as per the provisions of Para 4.1. of O.M. ibid, without any further authorization from the concerned Accounts Officers/Head of Office etc. These pensioner disbursing authorities (i.e. Banks etc.) were also required to give an intimation of disbursement of revised pension/family pension in the given format to the Central Pension Accounting Office (CPAO) and the Accounts Officers concerned which had issued the PPO to enable the latter to update the PPO register maintained by him.
2. However due to lackadaisical attitude of the Banks in this regard the task of revision of pension /family pension of pre-2006 pensioners as per the recommendations of the 6th Central Pay Commission has not been completed till date.
3. All the Central Government Pensioner’s Association are therefore requested to brought in the notice of Pensioner/family pensioner to furnish the following information to the Head of Office of their parent Ministry/Department from where pensioner retired, to facilitate the revision of pension with full benefits:
1) Date of Birth of Pensioner /Family Pensioner (should be supported by copies of CGHS Card/Pan Card/Voter ID/Passport /Driving License /Matriculation Certificate).
2) Present full mailing address with Pin Code and phone number/E-mail ID
3) Current Pension Account Number and address of the Paying Branch along with BSR code of the Branch.
4) Any other relevant documents available with them.