GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
COMMERCIAL CIRCULAR NO. 25 OF 2011
No.TCII/2010/09/Students/Policy New Delhi, dated:30.5.2011
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways.
Sub:- Free Monthly Seasion tickets to girls pursuing Professional/vocational courses upto Graduation.
As per existing provisions contained in Rule 242.2 of IRCA Coaching Tariff No.26, Part-I (Vol. 1), Girl Students upto graduation are eligible for Free Monthly Season tickets for travel between stations serving their school/college to residence.
2. As announced by Hon’ble MR during discussion on Railway Budget, it has been decided to extend the above mentioned concession to Girl students who are pursuing professional/vocational courses also upto the level of graduation.
3. There will be no change in other terms and conditions, including the eligibility/entitlement of free MSTs to Boy students.
4. This concession will be admissible on MSTs purchased on and after l July 2011
5. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
6. Necessary instructions may be issued to all concerned immediately and implementation ensured.