Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 18th April, 2011
Subject: Revision of Stitching Charges.
The undersigned is directed to say that based on a demand raised by the Staff Side, in National Council (JCM), the question of revising the Stitching Charges of Uniforms, supplied to Common Categories of employees (Multi-Tasking Staff - erstwhile Group ‘D’ posts of Peon, Daftry, Jamadar, Junior Gestetner Operator, Frash, Chowkidar, Safaiwala, Mali etc. and Staff Car Drivers, Dispatch Riders etc.) in the Central Secretariat and its Attached and Subordinate Offices, has been examined in consultation with the Ministry of Finance. Consequently, it has been decided to enhance the rates of stitching charges, with effect from 1 st April, 2011 thereby modifying the earlier instructions issued vide this Ministry’s O.M. No. 14/3/2006-JCA dated 28th September, 2006.
2. The revised rates of stitching charges, with effect from 1st April, 2011, will be as under:-
(1) Buttoned-up-coat and pant - Rs.750/-
(2) Over Coat for Staff Car Drivers - Rs.600/-
(3) Ladies half-coat - Rs.600/-
(4) Pant (Terricot) - Rs.135/-
(5) Bush Shirt (Polyvastra) - ‘ Rs . 60/-
(6) Blouse - Rs. 45/ –
(7) Petticoat - Rs. 30/-
(8) Salwar Kameez - Rs. 90/-
Protective clothing [for Malis/Bhisties ]
(9) Pyjama -Rs.24/-
(10) Short (Half-Pant) –RS.60/-
(11) Shirt (Cotton) -Rs-.45/-
3. It may please be noted that the reimbursement of Stitching Charges at the prescribed rates should be done only after the stitched uniforms are produced and are duly stamped, with indelible ink, a t an appropriate place on the wrong side of the stitched dress, for identification. A proper record and procedure should be evolved to ensure that the employees produce the stitched uniforms within a reasonable period (say one month) after the cloth is supplied to them.
4. This i s s u e s with t h e concurrence of Department of Expenditure vide ID No. 5(1)/E.I1(A)/2009 d a t e d 08.04.2011.