Lok Nayak Bhavan, Khan Market,
Dated the 11th November, 2010
Subject: Promotion of Assistant to the grade of Section Officer of Central Secretariat Service (CSS) on- ad-hoc -basis.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department OMs No.6/5/2010-CS-I(S)dated 30.08.2010 and 04.11.2010 on the subject mentioned above
2. Considering the fact that posts are lying vacant in the Section Officers’ Grade in various Ministries/Departments mainly on account of litigation, it has been decided that eligible Assistants (who have completed 8 years of approved service in the grade of Assistant) upto SCSLs 1999 (General Category), upto SCSLs 2000 (SC Category) and upto SCSLs 2002 (ST Category) may be promoted to the grade of Section Officer on ad-hoc basis to the extent of vacant posts available in the Cadre Units upto 01.12.2010. The ad-hoc promotion/appointment would be subject to the following conditions:-
(i) The period of ad-hoc promotion would be upto 31.03.2011 or till the regular Section Officers are made available, whichever is earlier;
(ii) The ad-hoc appointments shall not confer on the appointees any right to continue in the grade indefinitely or for inclusion in the Select List of Section Officers for regular appointment cr to claim seniority in the Section Officers grade of CSS;
(iii) Ad-hoc appointments would continue till regular candidates in Section Officer Grade are available either through Seniority Quota or Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE). In the event of the ad-hoc appointees not qualifying for regular appointment in either of these two categories, they will be reverted to the Assistants’ Grade on availability of such regular officers from the date they (regular Section Officers) join duty in their respective cadre units allotted to them by this Department;
(iv) The effective date of ad-hoc promotion in respect of those found fit and clear from vigilance angle would be the date from which the officer concerned joins duty in Section Officers’ grade in his own cadre unit.
3. If any of the Officers, who is eligible for promotion in Section Officer grade on ad-hoc basis and is on deputation, he/she may be given option to revert within one month with a view to avail of the promotion on ad-hoc basis
4. All the Cadre Units are requested to take urgent action to conduct DPCs in respect of all the Assistants within the Zone prescribed as at Para 2 above and to promote eligible Assistants to the grade of Section Officer on ad-hoc basis to the extent of vacancies available upto 1st December, 2010. A copy of the appointment order may be endorsed to this Department.
5. The recommendations of the DPC in respect of the remaining eligible Assistants in the above zone, who are clear from vigilance angle and cannot be promoted by 01.12.2010 within the Cadre Unit due to lack of vacancies, may be forwarded to this Division immediately,latest 01.12.2010 by so that they could be promoted against existing vacancies in SO grade elsewhere,as indicated in this Department’s OM NO 6/5/2010-CS-I(S) dated 04.11.2010.
6. It has also been decided that the period of promotion allowed upto 31.12.2010,in the case of existing ad-hoc section officers may be extended upto 31.03.2011 subject to the conditions as prescribed in para 2 above of this OM
7. After the completion of the process as indicated in Para 4 & 5 above, all the Cadre Units are requested to convey the following information immediately latest by 01.12.2010:
i) The details of the Assistants promoted on ad-hoc basis in SO grade after the issue of this order (Annexure- I).
ii) DPC recommendations in respect of the remaining eligible Assistants in the zone prescribed as indicated in Para 5 above (Annexure-II).
iii) The details of the eligible Assistants in SCSLs 2000 to 2002(Gen.) and SCSLs 2001 to 2002(SC) (Annexure-III).