New Delhi, the 7th September, 2010
- Sub: Child Care Leave in respect of Central Government employees as a result of Sixth Central Pay Commission recommendations – Clarification regarding
The undersigned is directed to say that this Department has been receiving representations from Government Servants through various quarters like the Public Grievances Cell/Associations etc requesting to review the decision to allow Child Care Leave (CCL) only if the employee has no E.L. at her credit.
2. This Department’s O.M. No.13018/2/2008-Estt.(L) dated 11/09/2008 regarding introduction of Child Care Leave in respect of Central Government employees and subsequent clarifications vide O.Ms. dated 29/9/2008, 18/11/2008 and 2/12/2008 were reviewed.
It has now been decided in consultation with Department of Expenditure, to delete the condition that CCL can be availed only if the employee concerned has no Earned Leave at her credit, subject to the following conditions:-
(i) CCL may not be granted in more than 3 spells in a calendar year.
(ii) CCL may not be granted for less than 15 days.
(iii) CCL should not ordinarily be granted during the probation period except in case of certain extreme situations where the leave sanctioning authority is fully satisfied about the need of Child Care Leave to the probationer. It may also be ensured that the period for which this leave is sanctioned during probation is minimal.
3. It is reiterated that the leave is to be treated like Earned Leave and sanctioned as such.
4. These orders take effect from 1.9.2008. Earned Leave, if any, availed by women employees before availing CCL subsequent to the issue of the OM 13018/2/2008-Estt.(L) dated 18/11/2008 may be adjusted against CCL, if so requested by the employee.
5. Hindi version will follow.