Subject:- Model Recruitment Rules for Group ‘C’ posts in Pay Band-I, with Grade Pay of Rs.1800/- (pre-revised Group ‘D’ posts)
The 6th CPC recommended that all Group ‘D’ posts in the Government will stand upgraded to Group ‘C’, Pay Band-I with Grade Pay of Rs.1800, along with the incumbents (after suitable training, wherever required). The other recommendations of the Commission, in this regard include:
(i) There will be no further recruitment in Group ‘D’.
(ii) The existing Group ‘D’ posts will be placed in Group ‘C’ Pay Band-I with Grade Pay of Rs.1800.
(iii) The minimum qualification for appointment to this level will be either 10th pass or IT1 equivalent
(iv) Multi- skilling, with one employee performing jobs hitherto performed by different Group ‘D’employees.
(v) Common Designation for these posts,
2. Model Recruitment Rules (Annex-I) have been framed keeping in view the recommendations of the Pay Commission. All the Ministries/ Departments are requested to amend the Recruitment Rules for the erstwhile Group’ D’ posts as per the Model RRs and the recommendations of the Pay Commission.
3. Powers for framing/ amendment of RRs for Group ‘C’ posts have ,already been delegated to Ministries/ Departments. Therefore the RRs may be framed accordingly, in consultation with Ministry of Law without further reference to this Department. This Department needs to be consulted only if any deviations from the model RRs are proposed.
4. Ministries/ Departments may adopt the designation of MULTITASKING STAFF for some common categories of posts in the secretariat offices. Annex-ll indicates the categories of erstwhile Group ‘D’ posts which may be given this designation and illustrative list of duties attached to these posts. For other categories of posts, Ministries1 Departments may adopt single designation for posts whose duties are similar in nature and where the officials can easily be switched from one task to another. In all cases it may be ensured that:
a) The posts are classified as Group ‘C’
b) The posts are placed in Pay Band-I with Grade Pay of Rs.1800.
c) The minimum qualification for appointment is prescribed as10th passs. Where technical qualifications are considered necessary, IT1 in the relevant subject may be prescribed as the minimum qualification.
5. Ministry of Home affairs etc. are requested to bring the contents of this 0.M to the notice of all their Attached1 Subordinate fices. The autonomous1 statutory bodies may adopt the same with the approval of the competent authority as per their rules/ statutes.
Deputy Secretary to government of india
1. All MinistrieslDepartments of Government of lndia