Payment of Dearness Allowance to Central Government Employees – Revised rates effective from 1.1.1998.
F.No.1(2)/98-E II (B)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, the 13th April, 1998
Subject:- Payment of Dearness Allowance to Central Government Employees – Revised rates effective from 1.1.1998.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry’s Office Memorandum No. 1(13)/97-E.II(B) dated 3.10.1997 on the subject mentioned above and to say that the President is pleased to decide that the Dearness Allowance payable to Central Government employees with effect from 1st January, 1998 shall stand modified as follows:-
|Date from which payable||Rate of Dearness Allowance payable per month|
|1.1.1998||16% of pay|
3. The additional instalment of dearness allowance payable under these orders shall be paid in cash to all Central Government employees, including Armed Forces and Railway personnel.2. The provisions contained in paras 3 and 4 of this Ministry’s O.M.No.1(13)/97-E.II(B) dated 3.10.1997 shall continue to be applicable, while regulating Dearness Allowance under these orders.
4. The payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fractions of 50 paise and above may be rounded off to the next higher rupee and the fractions of less than 50 paise may be ignored.
5. These orders shall also apply to the civilian employees paid from the Defence Services Estimates and the expenditure will be chargeable to the relevant Head of the Defence Services Estimates. In regard to Armed Forces Personnel and Railway employees, separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Railways, respectively.
6. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
7. Hindi version of this Office Memorandum is attached.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India