Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, the 13th April, 99
Subject:- Payment of Dearness Allowance to Central Government Employees Revised rates effective from 1.1.1999
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry’s Office Memorandum No. 1(6)/98-E.II(B) dated 15.9.1998 on the subject mentioned above and to state that the President is pleased to decide that the Dearness Allowance payable to Central Government employees shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 22% to 32% of the pay with effect from 1st January, 1999.
2. The provisions contained in paras 3, 4 and 5 of this Ministry’s O.M. No.1(13)/97-E.II(B) dated 3.10.1997 shall continue to be applicable while regulating Dearness Allowance under these orders.
3. The additional instalment of dearness allowance payable under these orders shall be paid in cash to all Central Government employees.
4. These orders shall also apply to the civilian employees paid from the Defence Services Estimates and the expenditure will be chargeable to the relevant head of the Defence Services Estimates. In regard to Armed Forces Personnel and Railway employees, separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Railways respectively.
5. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
6. Hindi version of this Office Memorandum is attached.
(N. Sunder Rajan)
Joint Secretary to the Government of India