GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (RAIL MANTRALAYA)
New Delhi, Dated: 13.10.2016
The GMs/FA & CAOs,
All Indian Railway/Production Units,
(As per mailing list)
Subject: State Railway Provident Fund – Rate of interest during the year 2016-17 (October, 2016 – December, 2016).
A copy of Government’s Resolution No. 5(1)-B(PD)/2016 dated 3rd October, 2016 issued by the Ministry of Finance (Department of Economic Affairs) prescribing interest at the rate of 8.0% (Eight per cent) w.e.f. 1st October, 2016 to 31st December, 2016 on accumulations at the credit of the subscribers to State Railway Provident Fund, is enclosed, for information and necessary action.
Also Read - Expected DA from January 2017
Also Read:One Day Strike on 16th March, 2017.
Also Read:Observe 6th March 2017 as BLACK DAY
2. Please acknowledge receipt.
Deputy Director, Finance (Estt.) III
(PUBLISHED IN PART I SECTION 1 OF GAZETTE OF INDIA)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Economic Affairs
New Delhi, the 3rd October, 2016
It is announced for general information that during the year 2016-2017, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 8.0% (Eight per cent) w.e.f. 1st October, 2016 to 31st December, 2016. This rate will be in force w.e.f. 1st October, 2016. The funds concerned are:-
1. The General Provident Fund (Central Services)
2. The Contributory Provident Fund (India)
3. The All India Services Provident Fund.
4. The State Railway Provident Fund
5. The General Provident Fund (Defence Services)
6. The Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund.
7. The Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund.
8. The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen;s Provident Fund.
9. The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
10. The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
2. Ordered that the Resolution be published in Gazette of India.
Deputy Secretary (Budget)
The Manager, (Technical Branch)
Government of India Press, Faridabad.